And here's what happens next ...

JacketFan77

Bokonon High Priest
All the fair weather fans disappear from the stands, and fill up the Internet with bullshit rants about:

coaching
talent
The Hill

today the Gods were not in our favor. What's worse is how easily a loss loses favor with "fans".

... and the beat goes on ...

More than the Gods....

2 unnecessary INTs caused the game. Not putting it on 1 player, but just saying that it wasn't bad luck or officiating... it was team performance.

this game is so frustrating. It's like everything bad that could happen happened. öööö went wrong starting with that offsides call after we made a big stop. Result: 7 points and another bullshit penalty that gets Griffin out of the game. Then Dukes next scoring drive they get a bullshit PI call that allows their next 7 points. Then we get ööööed with that incomplete pass to Smelter.

The refs completely screwed us with this game. This game would be much different without those calls. That's 14 points. Even with that said, good teams area able to overcome that. We were still in a position to win before that first interception, and even after it, and we couldn't do it.

More than the Gods....

unnecessary INTs caused the game. Not putting it on 1 player, but just saying that it wasn't bad luck or officiating... it was team performance.
And offsides on a punt, and bad run defense, and unable to finish in the red zone on offender. All around outplayed today. There were definitely a few iffy calls but to put the loss on the refs today is a sore loser mentality.

Still a very good start to the season.

this game is so frustrating. It's like everything bad that could happen happened. öööö went wrong starting with that offsides call after we made a big stop. Result: 7 points and another bullshit penalty that gets Griffin out of the game. Then Dukes next scoring drive they get a bullshit PI call that allows their next 7 points. Then we get ööööed with that incomplete pass to Smelter.

The refs completely screwed us with this game. This game would be much different without those calls. That's 14 points. Even with that said, good teams area able to overcome that. We were still in a position to win before that first interception, and even after it, and we couldn't do it.

Please. We did plenty to lose that game on our own. We should not be throwing around the ref excuse.

Unlike last year PJ has fully invested in this QB even talking about how great he will become in his offense. JT is his last hope to be here. First year starter maybe, but he's three years in this system. Gotta make this work.

This is a frustrating, "woulda, coulda, shoulda" loss for us.

Bottom line: learn from it and move on.

A win next week will make us ALL feel better

You wanna know why fan support is where it is here. Because every time you think the team could do something to make you walk to work with a little pep in your step, this happens. Getting ranked is a curse at GT.

Im feeling extra good about the QB position after today though.

The PJ haters who have had nothing to say will be in full effect now

You know you're really looking to make excuses when you try to blame the refs for getting the call correct on Smelter's incompletion.

Meh.

I'll still take 5-1. The only main problem is that Duke owns the tiebreaker and their ACC schedule is a cakewalk compared to ours. So we basically pissed away the ACC Championship Game today. But we weren't heavily likely to make it anyway.

Naw, it wasn't the sports gods or refs or talent or coaching, it was the players, they got too cocky and this game humbled them. The lack of effort in this game was telling.

Naw, it wasn't the sports gods or refs or talent or coaching, it was the players, they got too cocky and this game humbled them. The lack of effort in this game was telling.

Oh, really, genius? You think the football players who busted their asses for years to reach this goal in their athletic careers "lacked effort"?

I swear, it's not so much the losing as it's the absolute öööötards who show up here after a loss that make losing so unbearable.

gfy

Meh.

I'll still take 5-1. The only main problem is that Duke owns the tiebreaker and their ACC schedule is a cakewalk compared to ours. So we basically pissed away the ACC Championship Game today. But we weren't heavily likely to make it anyway.

No we haven't. To me it just means we might have to beat Clemson. What makes you think Duke can do more against VT's defense than they did against Miami? And they're unlikely to roll over any teams, being Duke.

We just blew an opportunity to put ourselves in a great position to win it.

Oh, really, genius? You think the football players who busted their asses for years to reach this goal in their athletic careers "lacked effort"?

I swear, it's not so much the losing as it's the absolute öööötards who show up here after a loss that make losing so unbearable.

gfy

Are you Mark Richt's daughter? Seriously I think you rode the short bus or are currently on the short bus.

What were there like 1,000 missed tackles? You didn't need to watch much of the game to see the effort wasn't there.

You know you're really looking to make excuses when you try to blame the refs for getting the call correct on Smelter's incompletion.

I still don't understand this call. I've been watching the replay since I got home and the ball hits Smelter directly in the hands while he is going to the ground. The ball does touch the ground, but only after it's been controlled and Smelter maintains control through the catch.

Not blaming the whole game on this one call, just curious as to why you think it wasn't a catch. Anyone can answer, I'd love an explanation.

You wanna know why fan support is where it is here. Because every time you think the team could do something to make you walk to work with a little pep in your step, this happens. Getting ranked is a curse at GT.
You didn't have any pep in your step after beating VT and Miami to start 5 and 0?
Are you Mark Richt's daughter? Seriously I think you rode the short bus or are currently on the short bus.

What were there like 1,000 missed tackles? You didn't need to watch much of the game to see the effort wasn't there.
Poor execution doesn't necessarily mean lack of effort. I saw everyone trying hard out there today. They just didn't get it done.

I still don't understand this call. I've been watching the replay since I got home and the ball hits Smelter directly in the hands while he is going to the ground. The ball does touch the ground, but only after it's been controlled and Smelter maintains control through the catch.

Not blaming the whole game on this one call, just curious as to why you think it wasn't a catch. Anyone can answer, I'd love an explanation.
I thought he used the ground along with his leg to secure the ball. It was really close and there was definitely not enough evidence to say conclusively either way, but I thought they got it right after watching several times. It certainly wasn't the awful call many on here seem to think it was, in my opinion.

Back