And so it begins...

Actually, they concede the PJ will be here until 2016, and suggest going after Bohannon or Ken N.

We have the master...they only can hope for the apprentice.

Cool.

Dabo's quote in that article is terrible. He says the same idiotic thing about 15 times in a row.

Not that I'm surprised.

The whole article is terrible. USCe is where they are because they're USCe. GT appeared in all four major bowl games before USCe went to their first bowl game ever.

Dabo's quote in that article is terrible. He says the same idiotic thing about 15 times in a row.

Not that I'm surprised.

Do you really believe that? If you do believe that, I guess it makes sense. It probably does, as long as you are committed to that line of thinking, so there's no reason in your mind for that not to make sense. I have to give you credit for that, because at least you believe in what you say.

I love the negative reader comments to the article. USC(e) is mired in Gailey-like mediocrity, but they still are pompous regarding the desirability of the Flexbone or Spread Triple Option. We should all feel very secure in our success and let these other programs in our rear view mirror rot on the vine. Our sights are now set much higher than USC(e) can see.

The whole article is terrible. USCe is where they are because they're USCe. GT appeared in all four major bowl games before USCe went to their first bowl game ever.

GT is not going to the orange bowl because we went to the orange bowl 42 years ago. We are going because we have a great coach and the players to run the scheme. Non-recent history, or lack thereof, does not have very much impact on current success.

I love the negative reader comments to the article. USC(e) is mired in Gailey-like mediocrity, but they still are pompous regarding the desirability of the Flexbone or Spread Triple Option. We should all feel very secure in our success and let these other programs in our rear view mirror rot on the vine. Our sights are now set much higher than USC(e) can see.

Where do you see the viewer comments?

EDIT: Nevermind, I had my add-blocker on and it was blocking them.

GT is not going to the orange bowl because we went to the orange bowl 42 years ago. We are going because we have a great coach and the players to run the scheme. Non-recent history, or lack thereof, does not have very much impact on current success.

My point is that the author of the article seems to be expecting that they should be able to take the program to the next level just because he felt like writing about something. A school won't start winning just because they decide to pick a different offensive scheme to run than everyone else, and just because Holtz and Spurrier went there to coach doesn't make the school more attractive to a future head coach. A program that has been mediocre throughout its history isn't going to suddenly become a force overnight.

Sorry but I feel like I must weigh in here. SC is a fertile territory. Spurrier hasn't been the magic they were looking for but he's doing pretty good. SC has the same potential to put big boys on the line and have swift backs and receivers, ala Clemson/Ole Miss/Arkansas. It's more a matter of time. They're in the wrong conference. We should trade places with them. It's obvious. I just can't believe we're still so politically correct to not see this as a must do. Carolina belongs in the ACC. Tech belongs in the SEC. You're wanking if you don't get it.

Sorry but I feel like I must weigh in here. SC is a fertile territory. Spurrier hasn't been the magic they were looking for but he's doing pretty good. SC has the same potential to put big boys on the line and have swift backs and receivers, ala Clemson/Ole Miss/Arkansas. It's more a matter of time. They're in the wrong conference. We should trade places with them. It's obvious. I just can't believe we're still so politically correct to not see this as a must do. Carolina belongs in the ACC. Tech belongs in the SEC. You're wanking if you don't get it.

What exactly is politically correct about us being in the ACC and South Carolina being in the SEC? Has "political correctness" just become a catch-all term for anything people disagree with? There are plenty of legitimate reasons that we are in the ACC as opposed to the SEC, including, but not limited to, academics. I think more people would rather us be in the ACC than the SEC.

Paul Johnson has a great offensive mind, and its more than just running the TO. He is a great gameday coach and he gets the absolute most out of his players.

Coaches like Paul Johnson come around once every 40 or so years.

The man talked to our volleyball team and led them to the tournament. He probably hasn't looked at a volleyball in 10 years. :D

As for USCe, I think they'd do better if Spurrier took a more active approach and took control of the offensive play calling. Spurrier doesn't want to work that hard anymore.

I vote for that.

I love Spurrier. He turned around the Florida-UGA rivalry. How many more championships would the Dawgs have won were it not for the evil genius? I love his candor - he is entertaining.

However, Holtz and Spurrier were both attempts to hire a great coach without paying attention to the fact these men were not on the way up, but on the way down. I swear that if Spurrier resigned tomorrow, Bobby Bowden and Vince Dooley would be on their short list with Lloyd Carr a wild card.

Look at CPJ - Ga Southern - Navy - Ga Tech, that is a career path on the rise, successful at every stop.

USFL - Duke - Florida - Redskins - South Carolina, success at the first three stops but a debacle at the fourth stop, that is not the right way to go.

I agree with You,GT should be in the SEC and SC should be in the ACC. I think within 15 years GT will be in the SEC and SC will be in the ACC or Big East.

Back