And so it ends

BuzzLaw

StinGTalk destroyer
The worst season in GT football in 2 decades. Haters gonna hate too much on PJ. Lovers gonna love too much. It's never as good or bad as it seems.

Time to get ready for next year. I think we go undefeated.

The worst season in GT football in 2 decades. Haters gonna hate too much on PJ. Lovers gonna love too much. It's never as good or bad as it seems.

Time to get ready for next year. I think we go undefeated.

So are you going to actually buy season tix next year?

It's only just begun. This will be THE longest offseason in GT message board history. Chew on that for a second. With fans divided you will have more angst unleashed on the boards than ever before. I may have to take a hiatus from all the expected ass hattery. And yes, I'm buying major butt hurt shares as they will be worth higher in the offseason than ever before.

For all of y'all that yearned for the season to start, (including me), this has been the longest on record and I was glad to see it end.

It's only just begun. This will be THE longest offseason in GT message board history. Chew on that for a second. With fans divided you will have more angst unleashed on the boards than ever before. I may have to take a hiatus from all the expected ass hattery.

Ugh. The bad old days of Gailey, and getting into arguments with OUR OWN FANS at games who weren't there to cheer for GT, they were there to cheer against the coach they didn't like, even if that meant booing their own team and players and actively pulling for us to do poorly. Road games were actually a welcome respite from our idiot fans during that period, because the people that came to road games actually wanted to be there and wanted to see us win.

I started seeing a few inklings of that during this season - hopefully we can get things on track next year and nip it in the bud.

A season ticket holder who sits behind me was questioning play calling on Saturday, and then screaming about the game clock continuing to run when the runner went out of bounds with 9 minutes to go. If I'm having to explain the rules to you, I'm really not going to take your coaching input very seriously.

JRjr

it still hasn't set in that we won't be playing in a bowl.

it still hasn't set in that we won't be playing in a bowl.

It will soon.

I received an email earlier from an NCAA bowl pool that I join every year and the first thing I thought of, "Well öööö...we won't be playing in a bowl this year."

Yea, I'll totally be pissed off that I don't have the chance to go to the Roadie's Humanitarian Bowl as soon as that sinks in.

The Humanitarian Bowl was actually a fun trip when I went. When else am I going to be in Boise in the winter? I imagine it was a fairly fun trip for the team, many of whom probably hadn't ever been to the snowy Rockies.

JRjr

The two extra weeks of practice would be the only good to come from being bowl eligible.

For you and I, perhaps. But the players get some really nice gifts from the bowls. I know that was one of the things usually shown to recruits by the players. "Check out this cool PS4 I got from playing in the xxx Bowl."

I hate it for our players that they miss out on that this year.

Ugh. The bad old days of Gailey, and getting into arguments with OUR OWN FANS at games who weren't there to cheer for GT, they were there to cheer against the coach they didn't like, even if that meant booing their own team and players and actively pulling for us to do poorly. Road games were actually a welcome respite from our idiot fans during that period, because the people that came to road games actually wanted to be there and wanted to see us win.

I started seeing a few inklings of that during this season - hopefully we can get things on track next year and nip it in the bud.

A season ticket holder who sits behind me was questioning play calling on Saturday, and then screaming about the game clock continuing to run when the runner went out of bounds with 9 minutes to go. If I'm having to explain the rules to you, I'm really not going to take your coaching input very seriously.

JRjr

What rule are you referring to with the game clock?

What rule are you referring to with the game clock?
A few years back they changed the rules so that going out of bounds only stops the clock until the ball is set for play, except near the ends of halves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

I assume he's talking about the fact that now, after a player goes OOB, the game clock starts again once the ball is set.

But, FWIW, I dont remember exactly when it was, but I do remember someone going OOB at some point and it didnt seem that the clock stopped at all. I assumed the ball was spotted and set quickly and I just didnt notice the stoppage. But if it in fact never stopped, this could be the play he was questioning, with every right to.

Back