And the beat goes on...

This is nothing. It is illegal to ignite fireworks. It is illegal to fire guns on New Year's. Many people do both.

Nothing wrong with blowing off fireworks. But there is something profoundly stupid about being obstinate towards the police when they inevitably show up. They may actually win the Fulmer Cup this year.

Nothing wrong with blowing off fireworks. But there is something profoundly stupid about being obstinate towards the police when they inevitably show up. They may actually win the Fulmer Cup this year.

I agree. This is indeed nothing, and that guy is indeed a dumbass.

This is nothing. It is illegal to ignite fireworks. It is illegal to fire guns on New Year's. Many people do both.

He didnt get arrested for lighting off fireworks, he got arrested for not telling the police his name and date of birth.
I agree with you that the fireworks is nothing, if they enforced that on holidays they would need a paddy wagon to round up all of the perpetrators in my neighborhood.
When you dont cooperate with the police and make it difficult for them they tend to get real irritated and more willing to take you to jail.

it wasn't for shooting off fireworks...it was for obstructing officers, being uncooperative, and not giving his name to officers

Yeah - just apologize, agree to stop shooting fireworks and STFU and everyone goes about their business. Then it becomes 'nothing'. Now, it's 'something' because the guy was a dumbass.

it wasn't for shooting off fireworks...it was for obstructing officers, being uncooperative, and not giving his name to officers

Like signalmtn said...that is nothing. U[sic]GA fans have their hands full with DUIs and assaults, they can't pay attention to little things like obstructing a police officer :laugher:.

Out havin fun with fireworks and this idiot can even cooperate with the cops, what a total thug. Oh wait, forgot, we are talking about ugag, that explains it, nevermind no comment!

He was probably thinking that if he didn't give his name that Richt would never find out. Not a good strategy, bone head! They were just fireworks, not surface to air missiles.

Or he was constantly told while growing up that he should never trust the police. So having that thought ingrained in his thick skull he exasperated the situation by acting like he had something to hide, which of course will make any policeman more suspicious.

Did not know not giving your middle name was an arrestable offense. Learn something new everyday.

Williamson said UGA Police responded to a complaint about three individuals shooting off fireworks outside McWhorter Hall and arrested Love at the scene for obstruction because he would not provide his full name to the officer. Williamson said Love would not or could not give his middle name.

Williamson said UGA Police responded to a complaint about three individuals shooting off fireworks outside McWhorter Hall and arrested Love at the scene for obstruction because he would not provide his full name to the officer. Williamson said Love would not or could not give his middle name.

We are talking about UGA athletes. Maybe illiteracy is a valid reason why he couldn't give his name.

Why would you refuse JUST your middle name... That's a LOW new low for stupid things to get arrested for.

Sounds like there are special circumstances which will be presented to the judge. Who knows? We never will.

I will speculate that he's a protected witness and his old first name is now his middle name. Hopefully the Libyans will never find him.

Did not know not giving your middle name was an arrestable offense. Learn something new everyday.

My guess is he was being an asshole to the cop, so he got rung up on some technicality. You should never be an asshole to a cop. It's a no-win proposition.

"I'm not trying to bribe you, officer, but I'm a redshirt freshman at UGA. Is there anything you can do to help me out here?" Oh, wait a minute ... that that doesn't work? Ummmmmm, well, I have no middle name .... yeah, that's it.

"I'm not trying to bribe you, officer, but I'm a redshirt freshman at UGA. Is there anything you can do to help me out here?" Oh, wait a minute ... that that doesn't work? Ummmmmm, well, I have no middle name .... yeah, that's it.

OK, sarcasm is obviously lost on you guys. I will spell it out. C-h-a-r-g-e-s w-i-l-l b-e d-r-o-p-p-e-d.

Move along.......nothing here.

OK, sarcasm is obviously lost on you guys. I will spell it out. C-h-a-r-g-e-s w-i-l-l b-e d-r-o-p-p-e-d.

Move along.......nothing here.

So you're saying the charges won't stick? Third string players at U[sic]GA do have that power?

Back