And the Heisman goes to...

Can't believe people would leave him off the ballot. It isn't up to the voters to decide whether he is eligible to receive it. It's up to the voters to decide who earned it most, and there's no way 100 voters can honestly say that Newton wasn't one of the top 4 players in college football this year.

mover, I'd love to hear why you dislike bo if its a reason other than you were conference rivals back in the day. I remember you guys absolutely kicking the **** out of the raiders 51-3 in the snow in the playoffs

...the guy that UGA recruited to play tight end.

mover, I'd love to hear why you dislike bo if its a reason other than you were conference rivals back in the day. I remember you guys absolutely kicking the **** out of the raiders 51-3 in the snow in the playoffs

I believe JD was 0-4 against Awbun during his tenure, that'll do it.

Can't believe people would leave him off the ballot. It isn't up to the voters to decide whether he is eligible to receive it. It's up to the voters to decide who earned it most, and there's no way 100 voters can honestly say that Newton wasn't one of the top 4 players in college football this year.

Read carefully the description of the Heisman award. Integrity is a key consideration, regardless of eligibility.

From Heisman Mission Statement:
...college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity

It is up to each voter to interpret that phrase. And they can base integrity on the entire track record of the athlete, not just the latest incidents.

No, it's up to the voters to vote for whoever they think deserves it. There are no real criteria that I know of, so they can vote for whoever the hell they want to.

Back