And the Orange Bowl MVP goes to....

coit

Persecuted for his beliefs
...Sammy Watkins?

I know he was a total gamer, ran hard, hit hart, but Boyd had an even better game IMO.

Passing: 300+ yards - 5 TD
Rushing: 100+ yards - 1 TD

I figure he deserves at least a co-MVP there.

There have been some really good bowl games this year.

Boyd made a few bad boo boos however, including the safety and that last interception that gave OSU great field position.

Yeah, but most of Boyd's passing yards were on little swing passes where Watkins promptly made tOSU look foolish. Boyd played well, but his passing stats are substantially padded by Watkins leaving jock straps on the field.

As a football fan, I'm going to miss watching the Watkins-Boyd combo. As a Tech fan, I'm happy we don't have to defend against them any more. Ever since his Freshman year, Sammy Watkins has continued to amaze me with his speed, athleticism, and fearless nature. I hope the best for him at the next level.

Boyd's dumb interception inside the 5 yard line almost cost Clemson the game IMHO. He could have run for a 1st down or maybe even gotten in but decided to get cute and flip one up for grabs. That's when Clemson was completely dominating too. The late interception almost cost them again although I'd place even more blame with the play all there - should have been a run to force a timeout and then punt them deep. Those two mistakes would have made me give it to Watkins.

I mean he only had 202 yards after the catch!

Surely because Tajh led him so well on the swing passes.

Simple box score does not tell all. Awful safety and two pretty atrocious picks.

Sammy Watkins was the MVP because Clemson does not win that game without him.

I should add that Spencer Shuey had a heck of a game at LB too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a Clemson fan, I was shocked seeing Boyd's stats because, watching live, it felt like he almost cost us the game. He has an incredible knack for causing some of the stupidest turnovers I have ever seen, at the worst possible time. He's a great QB and a good guy by all accounts, but öööö if he didn't cost Clemson some big games that we should have won.

I'm not sure why you guys are focusing on the mistakes and throwing out the other numbers he put up.

Sure, he had some boneheaded plays, but far more spectacular plays. He set up Sammy constantly with well thrown screens, and after watching Vad, I think we should all have a better appreciation for how difficult that must be.

Sammy Watkins can cut on a dime at full speed. He may be available at the Falcons pick but too bad the only thing the Falcons don't need is a receiver and QB.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take Boyd in a heartbeat at GT. Great arm and actually runs hard. Not a great fit for the option, but we could open up the playbook and do really well with him at the helm.

Back