And the top 20 offenses in America are...

Southern doesn't run the triple option anymore.

Oh, and bleacher report blows.

That article is terrible. The average message board poster could come up with something better in under an hour - I'm serious.

Oh look, a bleacher report article that nobody agrees with. My, how they have fallen in recent times.

Not us :frown:

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...-offenses-of-the-2015-college-football-season

HOWEVER, Georgia Southern WILL BE A TOP 20 OFFENSE so at least the 3-O is getting some respect!!!

In all seriousness - Notre Dame, Clemson, and MY DAWGS will have top 20 O's.

WE. ARE. SCREWED.

2-georgia-tech-paul-johnson-kirby-lee.jpg

Basically GT's offense when Ralph was OC. Lol, lots of formations with plenty of option concepts. More from the shotgun.

That's not true either. It's nothing like Ralph's offense, which was more pro-style oriented than option oriented. GSU's offense would sputter if you put Godsey at QB.

GSU's offense is much more option oriented, but from the Gun. They run the triple from the shotgun, but also inverted veer's, zone reads, and other principles from Rich Rod and Malzan. I'm not sure what kind of passing scheme they use.

If you use raw numbers like points per game and yards per game, GT won't be on top of many lists of top offenses. We run a slower, more methodical, yet more efficient offense than most of the other teams. We'll probably never lead in PPG or YPG, but, as Football outsiders showed, we can lead the nation in offensive efficiency.

That's not true either. It's nothing like Ralph's offense, which was more pro-style oriented than option oriented. GSU's offense would sputter if you put Godsey at QB.

GSU's offense is much more option oriented, but from the Gun. They run the triple from the shotgun, but also inverted veer's, zone reads, and other principles from Rich Rod and Malzan. I'm not sure what kind of passing scheme they use.

yeah they have multiple looks, which is Fridge-like, but that's about it. It is still very option-heavy, and they do still run the 3O but out of the gun. Their OL zone blocks most of the time whereas our OL man-blocks and fires off the line more. I'd say they pass basically the same amount as we do.

Not us :frown:

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...-offenses-of-the-2015-college-football-season

HOWEVER, Georgia Southern WILL BE A TOP 20 OFFENSE so at least the 3-O is getting some respect!!!

In all seriousness - Notre Dame, Clemson, and MY DAWGS will have top 20 O's.

WE. ARE. SCREWED.

Mods Ban. People, you cannot take bleacher report as a credible news source. This site basically has random fans writing stories on their thoughts that aren't sports writers, aren't knowledgeable, have no basis of involvement with the sports world. I swear to see people get bent out of shape by a guy who wrote an article for their site who didn't get paid to do it because he submitted his work while majoring in journalism at San Jose State University, is unbelievable to me.

But its on the internet, so it must be valid right? Wake up dummies.

Three of these teams are expected to be among the top offenses in the country next year. Which team is not one of them?
A. La Tech
B. W. KY
C. GT
D. Georgia Southern
If you answered C, you have real potential for a career as a football guru.

Yours truly,
The Bleacher Report

Back