And the top 20 offenses in America are...

Every time you click on a bleacher report article to see how bad it is, they won. You saw the ads, they got the website hit, and they made money. Stop supporting their e-tabloid reporting by no longer linking to their website, please.

How does bleacher report still get significant traffic as a website? Even outside of the ST joke, I've never seen any news or analysis worth anything on the site.

If you use raw numbers like points per game and yards per game, GT won't be on top of many lists of top offenses. We run a slower, more methodical, yet more efficient offense than most of the other teams. We'll probably never lead in PPG or YPG, but, as Football outsiders showed, we can lead the nation in offensive efficiency.

We were Top 20 in both Total Offense(19) and Scoring Offense(11) in 2014.

We were also #4 in Offensive Points per Drive and #3 among P5 teams (behind Ohio State and Oregon). So we do drop off by looking at total points/yards stats because of fewer drives per game.

FEI had us at #1 interestingly, probably because it had a ton of respect for VT's and Clemson's defense. It also adjusts for starting field position somehow, and our starting field position on offense may have been worse than tOSU and Oregon.

How does bleacher report still get significant traffic as a website? Even outside of the ST joke, I've never seen any news or analysis worth anything on the site.

Three letters: SEO. They are pretty good at it.

We were Top 20 in both Total Offense(19) and Scoring Offense(11) in 2014.

Well, when I said "on top" I meant really on top (like we are in efficiency), like top 5. I doubt we'll ever be up that high in those categories.

Mods Ban. People, you cannot take bleacher report as a credible news source. This site basically has random fans writing stories on their thoughts that aren't sports writers, aren't knowledgeable, have no basis of involvement with the sports world. I swear to see people get bent out of shape by a guy who wrote an article for their site who didn't get paid to do it because he submitted his work while majoring in journalism at San Jose State University, is unbelievable to me.

But its on the internet, so it must be valid right? Wake up dummies.

Clearly my original post wasn't dripping with enough sarcasm for you...

It's the offseason brah. Chill out.

Southern really doesn't run the triple as its base offense anymore. It's more zone read stuff.

Passing offense? Willie threw it less than Paul did this year. Ellison's bad shoulder in the second half of the year had something to do with that.

Plus, Southern has to replace almost the entire starting OL for next year. They also are going with a different style of lineman, too. More size and bulk and less reliance on speed and agility.

I remember reading a bleacherreport article one time about the top 20 players in the NL East in about 2010. Brian McCann was not listed. For some reason I decided to never get on BR again. Still haven't to this day.

Back