and the UGA lovefest continues by the AJC...

Wow, that is pretty blatant. I don't even thing you average dawg fan would go that far.

1. Cancel your subscription or skip the articles online.
2. The Sugar Bowl looks like a good one to me. A UGA team that has played well of late against an undefeated, high octane offense. Lots of interesting elements to it from a normal fan perspective. There is little chance a normal fan is going to watch the Truck Stop Bowl.

I would have liked to see a Kansas - Hawaii matchup. The Vegas over/under would probably have been 125.

What do you expect. Barnhardt started off in college at Georgia Southern, but transferred to UGA to get his journalism degree after three years at GS. He's a dog, so he's a bit of a homer.

I rather like Barnhart, actually. He's usually fairly knowledgeable. And I do think the UGA/Hawaii game is going to be one of the more interesting games to watch. Lee Corso was on 790 this morning talking up Hawaii big time. Supposedly they have a defense this year too.

I think the Sugar Bowl should be a good game to watch. It will give the country as a whole to actually see Hawaii play and after Boise State last year there is a lot of intrigue with the matchup.

I think it's going to be a good bowl game, but not the best. Hands down, I think, the best matchup, in terms of teams and positioning, is the Fiesta Bowl. Oklahoma v. WVU.

The Sugar Bowl is probably the game I am most looking forward to. Hawai'i is a fun team to watch anyway, and now we'll get to see if they can do it against a real defense. We have no idea who is going to win that game. What matchup is better? Is there anyone who really doesn't expect LSU to blow out Ohio State? Do you really think that Illinois is going to give USC a close game?

As someone stated earlier, Boise-OU was by far the best BCS bowl last year. We can only hope to see a sequel this year(both in quality of watching and in result...).

I rather like Barnhart, actually. He's usually fairly knowledgeable. And I do think the UGA/Hawaii game is going to be one of the more interesting games to watch. Lee Corso was on 790 this morning talking up Hawaii big time. Supposedly they have a defense this year too.

It's absolutely an interesting game to watch. Not to mention, if Hawaii pulls the upset that would be a HUGE story.

And immensely gratifying.

Back