And we're the "nerds"

Trick question because a parsec is a unit of distance, not time. Bazinga!

However,

SEC speed >> Ludicrous speed

ööööing star wars noobs.

Solo was not referring directly to his ship's speed when he made this claim. Instead, he was referring to the shorter route he was able to travel by skirting the nearby Maw black hole cluster, thus making the run in under the standard distance.

3C7oRNC.jpg

Nerds? Those are just average, run of the mill dumbasses

ööööing star wars noobs.

Solo was not referring directly to his ship's speed when he made this claim. Instead, he was referring to the shorter route he was able to travel by skirting the nearby Maw black hole cluster, thus making the run in under the standard distance.

I work with a guy that loves referencing this. Over the 4 and a half years working here I've heard him explain it to someone at least 5 times (basically anytime a millenium falcon reference happens).

I still think it was sloppy script writing covered up my a rather clever retcon.

[/nerd]

ööööing star wars noobs.

But he was answering the question, "Is she (Millenium Falcon) a fast ship?"

Solo was not asked if he could take advantage of space-time continuum anomalies.

Amirite?

Lots of nerds L. around.

But he was answering the question, "Is she (Millenium Falcon) a fast ship?"

Solo was not asked if he could take advantage of space-time continuum anomalies.

Amirite?

Is she fast?

Well she's so ööööing fast that she can get real close to black holes and not be eaten by them because she's going so ööööing fast.

Because he thought a parsec was a cool sounding unit of time. Once space nerds pointed out it was distance, the Star Wars aficionados came up with a clever way to justify it.
I've also heard the rationale that Lucas was implying that Han was lying and making up crap, like a mechanic would tell a woman how her car was low on headlight fluid.

We all got our definitive answer when the Episode 1 opening crawl made it to the second sentence.

I once had a dwag on their Scout board tell me to shut up and "gimme your lunch money nerd!" I responded with a link to another part of their board where they were posting their fan art of the protagonist from the God of War games. Some of them lol'd at it, and the rest quit talking.

I wish I had screencapped it.

Back