And what if we beat UMd?

I am mainly concerned with the offensive performance. If we win like last year with only one TD that was setup by a fumble recovery on the 13-18 yard line or something similar, it really does not show any improvement in Gailey's performance to me. Nor will one single good offensvie performance, I need to see a good offensive game this week and improvement going forward. There was a point I was ready and willing to accept Gailey as an offensive genius, but his performance has suggested otherwise. In order to get me back in that camp, it will take more than one game.

I will be happy.

But just as JTS stated, one game doesn't make for a trend. Wins & losses point only paint part of the story. Improvement in performance is the single best indicator of where a team is going.

Agree, but I was curious if people will again react like the CU game and somehow think we have "arrived."

When looking at the possibility of a win here, you have to think of a few things.

Winning the game would be great, but to me it still doesn't just depend on how the game is won. Regardless of how it's won, it still won't prove anything we don't already know. I think this team is capable of doing great things, but it takes more than that to get er done. It would be great to win, but almost more important to me would be how they did the FOLLOWING week. We have been able to put some stuff out of our arse's occasionally. Is this because of coaching or because our players just get tired of losing? Who knows, but they never seem to be able to follow up a great win with another. If they were capable of doing that things might look a little different in my eyes...

Back