Andre Ware

MWT80

Varsity Lurker
What did Andre Ware say that got all my UGA friends so bent out of shape?

I think he said things like the better team won and such. He seemed genuinely disappointed after the UGA TD.

He was very vocal that the whistle should have been blown on the 99 yard fumble return play.

Ware is a straight shooter, and he seems to be a genuine guy. I like him. He is not the smoothest out there, but he is one I like listening to.

Basically he wasn't a complete UGA/SEC homer which outraged some UGA fans who feel that an announcer for an SEC Network game should fawn all over the SEC team.

There were lots of points where he (or someone in there) got really excited for Tech. The Fieldgoal to go to overtime for one...

Basically he wasn't a complete UGA/SEC homer which outraged some UGA fans who feel that an announcer for an SEC Network game should fawn all over the SEC team.

100x THIS

I was surprised at the neutrality of the commentators.. Said good things and bad things about both teams all game

The announcing team did a fine job. Replay is on SEC Network in 20 minutes.

Yes I was impressed and assumed the announcers had been told to be fair in order to pull in more GT payers in the state. They were more fair than anything ESPN does.

I thought Neal was a more than obvious ugag homer. Ware was an excellent counter to him, especially on the absurd 14 point play which seemed to change his comments somewhat for the remainder of the game.

They may or may not have been better than ESPN, but that's a lot like saying one turd smells better than another.

Back