Andrea Adelson ACC Power Rankings

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Week 3:
down_rd_40.png
i
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Record: 3-0 overall, 0-0 conference
It hasn't been easy at all for the Jackets this season. Georgia Tech had to sweat out a 42-38 win over Georgia Southern after the Eagles reeled off 28 straight second-half points to take a late three-point lead. Georgia Tech won on a touchdown pass from Justin Thomas to Deon Hill with 23 seconds left. Biggest test yet Saturday at Virginia Tech.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/74415/acc-power-rankings-week-3-4

Week 14:
sw_ye_40.png
i
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Record: 10-2, 6-2 conference
Previous ranking: 2
Who saw this coming? Paul Johnson may be the ACC Coach of the Year, and his squad has a chance to punctuate this campaign Saturday against the undefeated Seminoles. Georgia Tech beat rival Georgia for the first time since 2008, doing it in overtime in dramatic fashion after all looked lost because of a late Bulldogs touchdown. Kudos to Harrison Butker for a 53-yard field goal at the buzzer to send the game to OT.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/77843/acc-power-rankings-week-14-7

I'm not saying I knew we were gonna blow up...but #13 after starting 3-0?

hqdefault.jpg

Z

Umm, did you watch our first 3 games? The team clearly had not found its footing by then (not surprising considering our offseason turmoil) and if we had played an ACC team in one of our first 3 games we would probably have lost.

We playe an ACC team in Week 4 doofus. Are you Andrea Adelson?

It was stupid then and is still stupid now.

It definitely wasn't stupid then.

We were coming off an offseason where we basically lost our entire defense and starting QB and then struggled early on with weak opponents.

I would have put us around 12-14 also.

We playe an ACC team in Week 4 doofus. Are you Andrea Adelson?

It was stupid then and is still stupid now.

That's up till week 3. Unless you can look into the future, there is no way that would have influenced the rankings after week 3.

And VPI turned out to be one of the worst ACC teams this season, and they played us close.

If you cannot see that we were not a very good team in the beginning, but have since become one of the best teams in the country, you must not have watched much tech football, this year. Tech was playing significantly worse in week 3 than it is today.

Once again, our early season struggles were utterly unsurprising, because our off season meant our starting line up on both sides of the ball looked extremely different than we would have expected at the end of 2013.

GA Southern just ran through the Sun Belt and our young team wasnt used to the in state little brother team coming to fight as we only played UGA in state prior to this game.

Those games are often close.

Also VPI at the time we played them was relatively healthy as Maddy Williams Mackenzie and co. All played. My comment about playing an ACC team in week 4 was a counterpoknt to your statement that if we played an ACC team at time of the ranking we'd have lost. Not that much changes in 1-week.

Regardless we were not playing at a level beneath the teams ahead of us.

We beat Wofford and Tulane by a lot...an only someone who didnt watch te games would've thought GA Southern was a bad team.

GA Southern just ran through the Sun Belt and our young team wasnt used to the in state little brother team coming to fight as we only played UGA in state prior to this game.

Also VPI at the time we played them was relatively healthy as Maddy Williams Mackenzie and co. All played. My comment about playing an ACC team in week 4 was a counterpoknt to your statement that if we played an ACC team at time of the ranking we'd have lost. Not that much changes in 1-week.

We beat Wofford and Tulane by a lot...an only someone who didnt watch te games would've thought GA Southern was a bad team.

I mostly agree with you. I just don't think there was any way a neutral person could have ranked us highly considering our off season and that we did not look very good in our first 3 games (GaSo turned out to be much better than people thought, but no one knew that in week 3).

I also disagree that teams don't change that much week over week. While usually that is indeed the case, this team has improved significantly week over week. The one exception would be the week leading to the Duke game, probably because it was the first time the team (like any young team) started buying into its own hype. Other than that I think our team has made huge strides from game to game.

GA Southern may have run through the Sun Belt but they also lost to NC State which isnt very good at all.

Back