Andrew gardner and mj

MJ didn't even start consistently this year. That isn't good for his draft potential.

I think you are confusing Tom Brady with Brad Johnson. Brad Johnson was a lifelong back-up to Casey Weldon at FSU and then had one of the longest NFL careers while Weldon was in the pros for maybe 2 years if that.

Tom Brady didn't start at Michigan. Enough Said.

well, thats not true, but Willie Parker never started at UNC and he was the NFL's leading rusher until breaking his leg this year.

also, rothlisberger went to Miami of Ohio, and their other running back was an undrafted free agent... but, hey, for some reason people think you have to go to a football factory to get to the pros. that is not even remotely true

our team in the early 90's if I recall had no less than 8 to 10 guys from schools I had never heard of. They are all over but it takes the right mind to find them. Bill Polian and John Butler did a great job.

If Rothlisberger had gone to his father's alma mater that might have changed the fortune of a couple of schools/coaches.

yeah, id say we would have done pretty well with him. the problem was that he only started at QB for one year in high school, he played WR for the other 3 years

"Ken Roethlisberger, a former quarterback and shortstop at Georgia Tech, and his wife, Brenda, live 45 minutes south of Toledo, in Findlay, Ohio. Their modest ranch home just off Main Street is filled with family portraits. A pie hutch and an upright piano take up most of the cozy living room. Their chocolate Labrador, Casey, is usually scratching at the backdoor, and Ben's basketball hoop still stands in the driveway. But life wasn't always this idyllic. "

Back