Andrew Smith - Starting WR

Corey Earls Season stats:
3 receptions for 34 yards
3 holding penalties for 30 yards, not to mention negating two huge runs.

Anybody think that Correy, with his 4.3 speed, might be destined to become an A-back?

Not to mention that it's Senior Night and Andrew Smith is the only senior skill player we have on offense other than Booker...

Not to mention that it's Senior Night and Andrew Smith is the only senior skill player we have on offense other than Booker...

That does not have anything to do with it.

We already had our Senior Day anyway...we did it against FSU.

Corey Earls Season stats:
3 receptions for 34 yards
3 holding penalties for 30 yards, not to mention negating two huge runs.

I'd say that would do it. If your stats for the season break even, its time for you to slide down the depth chart a bit. Those holding penalties are KILLERS for our offense.

That does not have anything to do with it.

We already had our Senior Day anyway...we did it against FSU.

To clarify, I did not mean to belittle Andrew Smith in any way.

I just don't recall having seen Andrew take any snaps at WR in a game situation and thought that he might be getting the nod in the last home game of his career (Also what I meant by Senior Night - I remember the senior acknowledgements at the FSU game).

To clarify, I did not mean to belittle Andrew Smith in any way.

I just don't recall having seen Andrew take any snaps at WR in a game situation and thought that he might be getting the nod in the last home game of his career (Also what I meant by Senior Night - I remember the senior acknowledgements at the FSU game).

They will not do any senior acknowledgements at the Miami game.

Andrew bounced between AB and WR...but also spent a great deal of time injured in pre-season...it set him back a lot.

I would agree that downfield blocking is what has helped his cause.

Well, Damn, Bugger Henry and Essobee

I'm not being critical of either player, I just hate it that our fastest player can't seem to contribute this year. Or at least contribute to the right team. Preseason I thought Corey was our best up and coming receiver and would have predicted a breakout year.... Maybe a spot role at A-back would be an idea for him, sort of like we're using Wright.

Re: Well, Damn, Bugger Henry and Essobee

I'm not being critical of either player, I just hate it that our fastest player can't seem to contribute this year. Or at least contribute to the right team. Preseason I thought Corey was our best up and coming receiver and would have predicted a breakout year.... Maybe a spot role at A-back would be an idea for him, sort of like we're using Wright.

One big difference...Wright block much better.

No one plays anywhere in this offense if they cannot block

Last edited:
Re: Well, Damn, Bugger Henry and Essobee

One big difference...Wright can actually block.

No one plays anywhere in this offense if they cannot block

Bingo. So unless he's going out for QB next year, he'd better work on his blocking this offseason

Back