Angry CPJ vs. Duke

EastboundJacket

Damn Good Rat
I'm thinking this week will be a classic "CPJ revenge game" with all the circumstances surrounding it. Most notably, of course, is last year's contest against Duke when we looked unprepared and unfocused against a Duke team we should have beaten. Almost handed them the Coastal. Almost. We've got a nooner, which CPJ seems to love so much. It is an away game but that high school stadium offers almost no real home field advantage. I think we've got way more to play for and way more motivation than they do coming into this game, and it just seems like one of those "got smacked last year and now I'll wipe your ass up and down the field" kind of games that we've seen basically every year at least once from Johnson.

Thoughts?

Can I have some example of 'CPJ revenge games?'

Kansas in 2011 is the only one I can think of...

My thoughts are that CPJ doesn't actually take the field, so the fact that he's angry has little to do with it.

I would like to see a revenge type game for last year's loss. That, and if we hang 40-50 on them, back up the polls we climb.

I'm thinking this week will be a classic "CPJ revenge game" with all the circumstances surrounding it. Most notably, of course, is last year's contest against Duke when we looked unprepared and unfocused against a Duke team we should have beaten. Almost handed them the Coastal. Almost. We've got a nooner, which CPJ seems to love so much. It is an away game but that high school stadium offers almost no real home field advantage. I think we've got way more to play for and way more motivation than they do coming into this game, and it just seems like one of those "got smacked last year and now I'll wipe your ass up and down the field" kind of games that we've seen basically every year at least once from Johnson.

Thoughts?

I wish we could get to the point where we don't have any "got smacked last year and now I'll wipe your ass up and down the field" kind of games

Wasn't this past weekend supposed to be revenge or CPJ angry type game? That didn't go too well...

I'll take a one point win. That's all I want. A one point win. Did any of you guys see the game vs ND?

this "CPJ REVENGE OMG" circlejerk needs to die. How'd that work w/ Van Gorder?

Wasn't this past weekend supposed to be revenge or CPJ angry type game? That didn't go too well...

this

anger benefits the army with the most tanks (or best plan)

If cutcliff outcoaches PJ like he did last year .....it will be ND part II

hopefully PJ will get the team ready

CPJ made a comment that the players had a hard time listening to criticism after 2 blowout wins. He'll have their full attention this week, and the players are not going to be as distracted with all the ND hype at game time. I expect the offense to be more disciplined, and our defense will have an opportunity to showcase some improvement from last year. Should be a good game, but I doubt we'll be blowing anybody out for the rest of the year.

We should know by now that every game is an angry CPJ game. The game after a loss is an angrier CPJ game. The man hates to lose. If it means firing a defensive coordinator mid-season, he'll do it.

PJ had a chance for revenge against BVG (Georgia Southern) and Brian Kelly (Tuitt) on Saturday.

Revenge, reschmenge. We just need to thump Duke and move on.

Angry CPJ literally means nothing at this point. Jackets are lucky to have only lost by 8. Unfortunately it would seem humbled players gives a bigger advantage than angry head coach. We came out with something to prove and waited for ND to give it to us rather than going out there and taking it. If Tech can play aggressively and hit their assignments, I see Duke as a win. I have confidence in our players and honestly last week was the best time of the year to incur a loss. Still no ACC losses and plenty of big games on the horizon.

Sitting down is OK now but all I know is if we lose to Duke for the second time in a row I will be extremely butthurt.

Wasn't last year's Duke game already a revenge game? I believe cutlip's infamous comments about GT wide receiver recruiting were made in advance of the game.

Maybe these revenge games aren't all they've cracked up to be.

Back