Announcers encouraging Gibbs, Simms

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
What BS. This is what’s wrong with college football. Basically the announcers were encouraging Simms and Gibbs to move. I guess we shall see as it was a SEC show.

Unplug your ears. They didn't "encourage" öööö. They noted the obvious.

Players can get paid in college football these days. If someone gets an attractive offer somewhere else and transfers, I wouldn't be shocked.

Gibbs' talent has already been noticed. His draft spot won't depend on where he plays next year. He'd be wise to get 3 years into a GT degree so he won't have much work to do to complete it in a decade when his NFL career ends.
I think he would be wised to get another year of coaching from Choice, one of the best in the business.

Wouldn't a transfer have to sit out a year anyway? Then go to draft? That doesn't make sense.

I think he would be wised to get another year of coaching from Choice, one of the best in the business.

Wouldn't a transfer have to sit out a year anyway? Then go to draft? That doesn't make sense.

Agreed and unsure of the bolded. Seems like plenty of non-GT-transfers get to play immediately but I don't know all the ins and outs of that rule.

What BS. This is what’s wrong with college football. Basically the announcers were encouraging Simms and Gibbs to move. I guess we shall see as it was a SEC show.
ööööty announcers are ööööty....imagine that.

Transfers no longer have to sit. I still think there's no urgency to transfer unless he is primarily concerned with winning more college football games. He seems to shy away from the spotlight for the most part and Coach Choice will definitely get him ready for the combine. He already has enough film.

Transfers no longer have to sit. I still think there's no urgency to transfer unless he is primarily concerned with winning more college football games. He seems to shy away from the spotlight for the most part and Coach Choice will definitely get him ready for the combine. He already has enough film.
He could also want to run behind a better offensive line to protect himself from injury.

The Game Broadcast was officially, "The ACC on ABC", those announcers just chose to join in and throw us farther under the bus, they were supposed to be pro ACC announcers, fwiw

The Game Broadcast was officially, "The ACC on ABC", those announcers just chose to join in and throw us farther under the bus, they were supposed to be pro ACC announcers, fwiw

It would not surprise me if the ACC wasn't on the phone with GTAA telling them we need to make changes. The ACC can't be happy with eggs we keep laying. Are we making the conference money by being on Bally Sports?

He could also want to run behind a better offensive line to protect himself from injury.

Agreed. I like coach Choice as much as anyone; but these players need more than just TChoice to improve their draft status. This offense as it is currently being coached isn't preparing anyone for the NFL, that is just more of Collins con job.

You guys haven't been listening.

The SEC is now a propaganda machine. The announcers are all Baghdad Bob/ puppets of Kim Jong Un.

The days of Brent Musberger calling the game as an actual game are long gone. Every game is now a moratorium on the SEC versus the rest of CFB.

I can guarantee that when the dwags were piledriving Vandy, no one was calling for anyone on Vandy's roster to transfer.

College Football has become Fox v CNN.

Agreed. I like coach Choice as much as anyone; but these players need more than just TChoice to improve their draft status. This offense as it is currently being coached isn't preparing anyone for the NFL, that is just more of Collins con job.

NFL scouts can see talent even where it's poorly coached. Gibbs will be fine regardless of how poor a job Collins does coaching him.

Back