Announcers encouraging Gibbs, Simms

Agreed. I like coach Choice as much as anyone; but these players need more than just TChoice to improve their draft status. This offense as it is currently being coached isn't preparing anyone for the NFL, that is just more of Collins con job.
Collins never said that, my guess is that someone among us theorized that

I was at the game, so I obviously didn't hear what was posted here or what someone else told me they heard, to wit the announcers actually making fun of P'Nut's play calling. Did anyone hear that? It was certainly deserved, whether proper or not.
BTW, what happened to Gibbs? I left mid 3rd-quarter, but I don't recall seeing Gibbs on the field from the mid-2nd quarter till when I left.

NFL scouts can see talent even where it's poorly coached. Gibbs will be fine regardless of how poor a job Collins does coaching him.

Sure they will see him; but what round he is selected in can mean millions of dollars. Players have 2 value points in the draft, the number 1 is athletic ability, the lesser one is marketability. You don't get excitement from the fans for selecting someone from a perennial loser, and you put yourself in great risk if the player from 3-9 university doesn't pan out.

Sure they will see him; but what round he is selected in can mean millions of dollars. Players have 2 value points in the draft, the number 1 is athletic ability, the lesser one is marketability. You don't get excitement from the fans for selecting someone from a perennial loser, and you put yourself in great risk if the player from 3-9 university doesn't pan out.

no offense, but you don't seem to know how NFL drafting works.

Aren't you like the head cheerleader for "players don't make decisions based on academics, they are looking at the NFL".
I still own that comment.

Do you think CMC would have come to GT to play A-back under CPJ had we given CPJ a bigger Recruiting budget?

Or instead go to Stanford, play in a system that the NFL can evaluate a player easier from, then sit out an important Bowl Game and still get drafted in the Top10?

NFL Draft is 100% about winning and if a scout sees his actual talent and potential (which quite a few already have), he'll be drafted and compensated accordingly. NFL fans don't give AF "where he came from" once they see him winning games.

You think any 49er fans had a clue where Jerry Rice came from? Randy Moss? Drew Brees? A-Rod? Favre? Jesus, the list goes on.

Gibbs will be fine.

I still own that comment.

Do you think CMC would have come to GT to play A-back under CPJ had we given CPJ a bigger Recruiting budget?

Or instead go to Stanford, play in a system that the NFL can evaluate a player easier from, then sit out an important Bowl Game and still get drafted in the Top10?

I don't know who CMC is; but I don't think many players will be beating down our door when they see the show we are putting on. You can fool the recruits with talk for a couple of years "we are building something special"; but eventually you need to do something special. Players want to win.

Our current players are voting on the field, and the last 2 games (actually the last 4-5 games) they have been signaling "help me" like Vietnam POW's blinking morse code. It is amazing you and RW92 are so obvious to it.

I was at the game, so I obviously didn't hear what was posted here or what someone else told me they heard, to wit the announcers actually making fun of P'Nut's play calling. Did anyone hear that? It was certainly deserved, whether proper or not.
BTW, what happened to Gibbs? I left mid 3rd-quarter, but I don't recall seeing Gibbs on the field from the mid-2nd quarter till when I left.
The announcers were thinking we would be pulling every trick play in the book to try to make some noise. But we ran this vanilla bs just to get the game over with.

This coaching staff is nothing short of pathetic.

I don't think we have seen the worst of this. It's like we hired the Three Stooges with a clause that we can't fire them.

I remember all the GT athletes on this board were slobbering over getting tStan in here as AD.

I'm wondering if tStan is as big of a dumbass as Collins and we are the suckers P T Barnum was talking about.

The NFL does not care. Gibbs needs to stay healthy and his athleticism will show itself at the combine. He’ll go 2nd or 3rd round unless there’s something we don’t know. They don’t draft RBs as high as they used to normally. Gibbs is very good, but I don’t think Round 1 material.

I don't know who CMC is; but I don't think many players will be beating down our door when they see the show we are putting on. You can fool the recruits with talk for a couple of years "we are building something special"; but eventually you need to do something special. Players want to win.

Our current players are voting on the field, and the last 2 games (actually the last 4-5 games) they have been signaling "help me" like Vietnam POW's blinking morse code. It is amazing you and RW92 are so obvious to it.

He's talking about Christian McCaffrey

Back