Announcers for the Miami Game

Meh, my only complaint was giving rozier too much credit for the final drive when the only pass he attempted past the line of scrimmage was under thrown into double coverage that was a lucky tip catch.

Mark Jones. What else do I need to say to you people to make you understand? What haven't I said?

Bad. 3rd and long bad for our offense. Haha. What OC loves to get behind the chains? Sideline reporter said Brenton King was a walk on, false.

Bad. 3rd and long bad for our offense. Haha. What OC loves to get behind the chains? Sideline reporter said Brenton King was a walk on, false.
Exactly. Sideline reporter(or was it Jones?) said that it was King's first career kick, which is also wrong.

It's just a little unfounded. They are going off of one miss in 5 games. example of how terrible they were.

He had a potential 44-yard field-goal attempt late in the first half when Tech led 14-6. But he opted to go for it on fourth-and-6 from the Miami 27.

Why?

“The guy who coaches the kicker (Shawn Davis) said he couldn’t make it from that far,” Johnson said.

If we don't even want to attempt a 44 yard field goal, I don't think it's too unfounded to say there are issues with our kicking game.

http://jeffschultz.blog.myajc.com/2...another-one-slip-away-in-loss-to-miami-richt/

"Uh oh, Tech has a 3rd and 17, their offense just isn't built for that" - No ööööing offense does well on 3rd and 17 you idiots.

"Da U is back! They're getting patted on the back! Because they're back! Lots of back pats! BACK!!" - STFU

I can't stand that lady that sounds like a boy, she was doing sec game Saturday. I forgot her name but she always sounds like a teenage boy.

They kept bringing up the turn over issue as well. Sounded like they were begging for a GT fumble a few different times. Never mentioned it with Miami.

"Uh oh, Tech has a 3rd and 17, their offense just isn't built for that" - No ööööing offense does well on 3rd and 17 you idiots.

"Da U is back! They're getting patted on the back! Because they're back! Lots of back pats! BACK!!" - STFU

:mad:

“Cut blocks every single time. So many cuts. Cut cut cut cut cut.”

They kept bringing up the turn over issue as well. Sounded like they were begging for a GT fumble a few different times. Never mentioned it with Miami.
This öööö right here. I was getting really ööööing mad over this because of how blatant it was. The idea of jinxing is ööööing stupid, but they were clearly hoping to talk their way into a coincidence, they brought it up constantly late in the game and got their mentally retarded sideline reporter in on the act as well.

The bottom line is, without even getting into the whole misophonia thing, Mark Jones is an absolute garbage announcer. He has zero insight into the game of football, he spends most of the game trying to luck into saying something funny/memorable rather than contributing anything whatsoever to the broadcast. The whole "WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE" thing was just what happens when something huge happens unexpectedly, he's so desperate to be remembered that his brain just spat out some random shard of pop culture. He does this all game, every game. The good ones act as the link between the audience and the on-field action, the best ones can blend in their personality seamlessly without trying to draw attention to themselves. The trash announcers, like Jones and too many of the dummies on ESPN's roster, seem to believe they're the stars of the show and their function is to demonstrate how clever they think they are while the cameras tell us the story of the game.

Well, GT ranks dead last in the FBS with 2.2 fumbles lost per game. Miami is tied for first with 0 fumbles lost per game.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/fumbles-lost-per-game

For those keeping score of this thread at home, announcers need to

1) Not question our kicking game even though we won't even try a 44 yard field goal
2) Not talk about how we've uncharacteristically avoided fumbles so far even though we're dead last in fumbles lost
3) Talk about how Miami is likely to fumble even though they haven't lost a fumble all year

We need to demand equality in announcing! None of this, "Talk about what the stats show" crap!

Back