Announcers for Wisconsin - Fresno game

TechinItEasy

Dodd-Like
Are you serious?

Wisconsin appeared to be running the ball out for the end of the half. The announcers were commenting on how the crowd was booing that choice(rather than pass deep to try and tie the game before the half).

The announcers then proceeded to talk about how it's a good idea to run it out and let your back get some carries. The next play is a 40ish yard pass, announcer's reaction?

"That's a great call!"

Earlier they both agreed that the reason Wisconsin was having trouble with Fresno is b/c they get beat up from their tough Big 10 conference schedule.

Gahh!!!

Big 10 football = watching 2 mules fight for a turnip; who cares?

(stole that line from Lewis Grizzard, I feel dirty now)

The Wake-Stanford announcers are even worse. I hate Raycom...

ESPN announcers range from tolerable to purely horrific.

You know what would be interesting? If there were no exclusivity deals and any network could show any game they wanted to. When you don't have exclusivity, the only way for networks to get viewers would be to have better picture quality, better announcers, etc. You'd still get the secondary networks showing the smaller games, but you'd definitely have networks pouring money into making better productions of the big ones.

Earlier they both agreed that the reason Wisconsin was having trouble with Fresno is b/c they get beat up from their tough Big 10 conference schedule.

Gahh!!!

hahaha what big ten conference schedule???? its the second game!!!

hahaha what big ten conference schedule???? its the second game!!!

I'm not watching that game, but perhaps he meant that their preparations went towards their Big Ten opponents rather than scheming for Fresno State?

Just playing devil's advocate here. We all know though that our preparation for Virginia Tech and UGA doesn't begin the monday before the game...

Ok, I'll bite on this - Did they play a big10+1 team last week. No they played No. Illinois.

So have they not recovered from the 2008 big 10 schedule?

Ok, I'll bite on this - Did they play a big10+1 team last week. No they played No. Illinois.

So have they not recovered from the 2008 big 10 schedule?

Well you know about that Big 10 Physicality. Tough to recover from.

Back