Another ACC team schedules a game at the GA Dome

Given we can turn this thing around and win 9+ per season and we can make this into an additional home game every year. Where we are now... I don't like it. I'd love for this to turn itself into a game kind of close to the ACC/little 10 B-ball thing. Except for ACC 1 vs SEC 1. For FB the ACC needs to take advantage of any ACC/SEC it can get. The people that go to this game are not people that would come to a game at BDS unless their team was playing against us. So we need to win first and whine later.

Duke vs Alabama in 2010?!?...at the Ga Dome?!?...what a joke

The venues are going to be increasingly aggressive to fill dates in their locales. I would be more concerned if Tech started getting (and accepting) offers to play away from Atlanta like in the Superdome or the Alamodome or in Jax. Money talks.
But we can take care of biz by winning at Grant Field. If there is a market for Duke -Alabama, so be it.

To be perfectly honest, if I had the money at the time and we weren't playing at the same time, I'd probably go see Duke-Alabama.

Decent way to go watch some football and get to see some new teams in person without the emotional attachment.

Also, to get trashed.

To be perfectly honest, if I had the money at the time and we weren't playing at the same time, I'd probably go see Duke-Alabama.

Decent way to go watch some football and get to see some new teams in person without the emotional attachment.

Also, to get trashed.

you could "get trashed" at home for much cheaper.

while i would probably not go to the game, i would be interested in a Broadway musical version of this "rivalry". Kind of like a West Side Story feel with the Bubbas versus the Dorks, the Smiths versus the Chesterfields, chewing tobacco versus snifters of brandy, the poor kid with all heart versus the spoiled brat come good in the world...

there could be a scene where the powerful "blues" of Duke find contrition and redemtion featuring their lax team, while Bama's resurrection could be signalled by the expelling of the Price... then ruined by the hiring of the Saban

i think i have a screenplay here...

Duke vs Alabama in 2010?!?...at the Ga Dome?!?...what a joke

Alabama refused to travel to Duke, because their fans wouldn't begin to fill Wallace Wade Stadium. That's kind of ironic, because Wallace Wade definitely won a National Championship at Alabama before going to Duke. Supposedly, the Duke job paid more money back then.

That's kind of ironic, because Wallace Wade definitely won a National Championship at Alabama before going to Duke.

Haha, awesome.

Back