Another Appearance in a Poll/top-whatever list

JacketFan77

Bokonon High Priest
This time it's NFL.com's WRU top-10

First-round picks last 15 years: 2
Top three rounds: 3
Total drafted: 5
The skinny: A school that runs a triple-option offense cracks a "WR U" list? Well, the Yellow Jackets might be relying heavily on Calvin Johnson and Demaryius Thomas to make their claim, but that's heck of a duo to call on. Stephen Hill, a second-round pick in 2012, has been a flop to this point. The school had two wide receivers drafted this year -- fourth-rounder DeAndre Smelter (49ers) and sixth-rounder Darren Waller (Ravens).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...i-top-contenders-for-title-of-wide-receiver-u

Da U at #1

How about WRC - Wide Receiver Conference?

6/10 from the ACC.

@DavidCutcliffe

This is probably information he should have. Well, this and Cat Facts.

It's been awhile since I read what that a$$hat said.

http://www.dukechronicle.com/blogs/...eading-critical-matchup-saturday#.VXBZg8kpDY8

Cutcliffe discussed the situation further when asked about the Yellow Jacket receiving corps, including the explosive DeAndre Smelter, who has 14 receptions for 339 yards and four touchdowns this season.

"They are not anything like Calvin Johnson or Demaryius Thomas," Cutcliffe said. "None of [Johnson and Thomas] would have gone to Georgia Tech in that offense. End of story. They are good players, but they are not those kind of guys. It was a nightmare with Thomas. I have worked with him a bunch, I know how good he is."

I cannot wait to plaster them in Wallace Wade (again). Smelter and Waller who apparently "aren't as good as the two best WRs in the world" were both just drafted - which alone is more than Cut has had drafted in 7 seasons at Duke. What a toolbag.

I wonder what he was asked that resulted in that answer. His response is pretty accurate and more complimentary towards Thomas and Johnson than insulting towards our current guys. If he was specifically asked to compare the two sets of WRs then I don't see anything wrong with what he said.

Regardless, CPJ's response was funny.

I wonder what he was asked that resulted in that answer. His response is pretty accurate and more complimentary towards Thomas and Johnson than insulting towards our current guys. If he was specifically asked to compare the two sets of WRs then I don't see anything wrong with what he said.

It has been awhile, but this is what I remember:

He complimented us that it's a great offense and CPJ is great at running it, then the Duke reporter asked him "if it's great, why more schools won't run it?", which made Cutcliffe start listing all the negatives, finding a WR was one...

@DavidCutcliffe

This is probably information he should have. Well, this and Cat Facts.

Question about Cat Facts. If I want to CF a phone number, do I have to install the new android app to do it, or is there a web API that'll do it for me?

I literally linked the article in the post.

Those comments are not okay from the perspective of one coach talking about players on another team - whether they're true or not. You don't call out specific guys and say "they are not anything like [other players]." Regardless if those other players happen to be two of the best in the game. There's just no call for it.

Given the context of his previous answer he's saying that no good WRs will be recruited to play in our offense. And justifying the fact that we've recruited guys that have been drafted by saying that they're not Calvin or BayBay good.

I literally linked the article in the post.

Those comments are not okay from the perspective of one coach talking about players on another team - whether they're true or not. You don't call out specific guys and say "they are not anything like [other players]." Regardless if those other players happen to be two of the best in the game. There's just no call for it.

Given the context of his previous answer he's saying that no good WRs will be recruited to play in our offense. And justifying the fact that we've recruited guys that have been drafted by saying that they're not Calvin or BayBay good.
Yeah, I read what you linked. It said he initially was very complimentary about our offense, then was asked why more teams don't run it and he said that it made it more difficult to recruit high end players because the NFL doesn't run it. That all seemed pretty fair to me. Then it said:

Cutcliffe discussed the situation further when asked about the Yellow Jacket receiving corps, including the explosive DeAndre Smelter, who has 14 receptions for 339 yards and four touchdowns this season.

At which point he made the comments in question. So I was curious what he was asked. Again, depending on what he was asked I don't think what he said was necessarily out of line. People get their feelings hurt too easily.

Back