Another breadown of GT's offense by an independent source

Funnily enough this only came up because of birddogs post earlier as well.

I'm just amazed (though probably less so than the writer himself) at how much publicity that guys post has generated.

Funnily enough this only came up because of birddogs post earlier as well.

I'm just amazed (though probably less so than the writer himself) at how much publicity that guys post has generated.

As much as people are trying to blow it off, the reason it's caused so much chatter is that secretly everyone knows he's right.

Only because it's Kyle:

http://www.stingtalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=331952&postcount=48

Anyways, I saw this article on EDSBS, and I found it fascinating. Sadly, it really tempers my expectations for this season. The second comment is a very good one, regarding us.

http://bravesandbirds.blogspot.com/2009/07/introducing-negative-grohmentum.html

It's a very interesting article but I don't think it entirely applies to us. To back that up, we should probably check how many of those who won the coach of the year were first year head coaches. He mentions regression toward the mean, well its hard to say it will do that when all there is to go on is the season where coach of the year was won. Also he has revealed to us why Phill Steele put us at 28 or whatever. Using Dwyers opening half touchdown against Georgia as an example, we had 8.57 yards per point on that drive. According to Phil Steele every time we have a run like that we're getting lucky. Under normal circumstances this would be true, but I think one might argue that our offense makes it less applicable.

According to Phil Steele every time we have a run like that we're getting lucky. Under normal circumstances this would be true, but I think one might argue that our offense makes it less applicable.
I would say so...considering the sheer number of runs we had like that last year.

Is a long pass considered "lucky" as well?

I would say so...considering the sheer number of runs we had like that last year.

Is a long pass considered "lucky" as well?

Maybe, but I haven't heard of many 60 yard passes :D

Edit: Meant the ones where straight catch of the ball, not 30 yard throw + 30 yard wide receiver run.

Back