Another Buzzoff backed Coach bites the big one.

Like a meteor strike.

LOL. Maybe so. I got into this whole message board thing after the **** storm that was the Gailey era. I'm really glad I did. Bbuzzoff had things I did not like and this board is certainly far from perfect.

I just want to discuss GT football, and where appropriate grilling and guns. Is that ok with everyone? :ugh:

LOL. Revisionist history. I wanted gailey fired at the end of the 2005 season. I was surprised by the 2006 season, but all thoughts on Gailey were reassured with the UGA game and the ACC championship game.

I seriously wanted Gailey fired after the 2002 debacle.

2005 was the most underachieving team in Georgia Tech history....yes, WORSE than 1994.

I seriously wanted Gailey fired after the 2002 debacle.

2005 was the most underachieving team in Georgia Tech history....yes, WORSE than 1994.

This whole topic was done to death and in much bloodier fashion than anything we could muster after the fact, but I never understood the idea of firing him after 2002. That team was barely held together in the first place and by the time we lost (again) to FSU the entire thing came undone.

If you guys are just trying to have a pissing match over who wanted him gone first, there are a few people who wanted him fired before he ever coached a down.

wish that steebu guy posted over here. he's a good one.

wish that steebu guy posted over here. he's a good one.

And Charles Wilson and Stylee. Hate that board all you want, but there were some EXCELLENT posters on that board. Some of which came close to what Mike from the Navy birddog blog represent to Navy football.

If you guys are just trying to have a pissing match over who wanted him gone first, there are a few people who wanted him fired before he ever coached a down.

Very true, and those people are still idiots...not because Gailey proved to be a good coach but because you can't judge any coach without a few years under the belt.

If anyone is pining for Gailey now that he is gone then I don't understand them. (A very few made false commitments that they would abandon GT football if he were fired.) But the whole buzzoff board was founded by fonts who could not shut up on the idea that Gailey should be fired in his first year.

I wanted gailey gone, not the 1st year but after the 39-3 shellacking we took at the hands of Clemson at BDS. I was one unhappy camper after that game. gailey was a bust nothing more or less.

Back