Another Dawg caught in Paradise!

The V

Dodd-Like
And the arrest just keep on coming!

Looks like Mark will have to drop another player for

1 game. Soon old Vince may have to suit up.

:ugh:

ATHENS, Ga. (AP) -- Georgia defensive end Jeremy Lomax has been arrested on charges of carrying a concealed weapon and speeding.
A report at the Athens-Clarke County Jail shows Lomax was arrested at 12:42 a.m. Wednesday, posted a $3,000 bond and was released at 1:30 a.m.
University spokesman Claude Felton says Georgia coach Mark Richt is aware of the arrest.
The senior from Jonesboro started 12 games last year, recording 16 tackles and 41/2 sacks.

And the arrest just keep on coming!

Looks like Mark will have to drop another player for

1 game. Soon old Vince may have to suit up.

:ugh:

ATHENS, Ga. (AP) -- Georgia defensive end Jeremy Lomax has been arrested on charges of carrying a concealed weapon and speeding.
A report at the Athens-Clarke County Jail shows Lomax was arrested at 12:42 a.m. Wednesday, posted a $3,000 bond and was released at 1:30 a.m.
University spokesman Claude Felton says Georgia coach Mark Richt is aware of the arrest.
The senior from Jonesboro started 12 games last year, recording 16 tackles and 41/2 sacks.

Not a big deal in my book. It doesn't say if he did or did not have a permit for the concealed weapon. If he had a permit and did not have the permit on him, technically he is in violation. And if he did not have a permit he just didn't jump through all the hoops. As for speeding, well, let's just throw him under the bus.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/uga/stories/2008/06/04/lomax_0605.html

big deal in my book. A gun is the preferred weapon of choice when people do serious criminal stuff.

Concealed means it was not in the glove box/console in a holster which is permissable. Just shoving it under the seat is pretty careless.

Even though I have a carry permit I do not consider toting a loaded gun an insignificant act and I always make sure I follow the rules.

I own guns and have the permit, just not playing ball for the worlds most perfect coach in the worlds most perfect place.

The Nadlicker in the office wanted to give me grief about the baseball game, he does not want to talk when one of Mark's players gets caught.

UGA players following the rules?

It's always a big deal when someone in the public light gets arrested, no matter what it is for.

Personally, I'm amazed there wasn't a DUI involved. I thought getting pulled over while drunk was a required summer course for all Dawgs.

Told the cop he had no permit yet. Gun was under seat, but no clip in the gun and no round in the chamber. (full mag was in the car..but not in gun).

To his benefit (and I don't think it's really as big a deal as some are making it, fwiw) he (1) was straight-forward with the cop, and (2) he wasn't stopped on-campus with it (which would be another can of worms)

Kids in my high school used to speed while concealing deadly weapons in their cars all the time, it was no big deal. And they were not UGA football players either.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/uga/stories/2008/06/04/lomax_0605.html

big deal in my book. A gun is the preferred weapon of choice when people do serious criminal stuff.

Concealed means it was not in the glove box/console in a holster which is permissable. Just shoving it under the seat is pretty careless.

Even though I have a carry permit I do not consider toting a loaded gun an insignificant act and I always make sure I follow the rules.

Well then worry about the crime, not the weapon. Seriously, having an unloaded gun under your seat may not be the best place to keep it, but it shouldn't be against the law. Most gun laws suck, but Georgia does have some of the most liberal gun laws, so that's cool. As for UGA, as a whole, it probably won't look that good for them.

I know I've speeded with unloaded guns before. I usually set them behind the driver's seat with a sheet over them. That was probably against the law. I was always on my way to murdering coke and beer bottles.

A gun is the preferred weapon of choice when people do serious criminal stuff.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Serious criminal stuff? Then why does law_bee want to have a carry permit? Could it be that there are other good reasons to carry a weapon than to do serious criminal stuff?

Get serious. It's not like the kid was drunk, shoplifting, on drugs or holding up a 7-11. He was stopped for speeding and was honest with smokey about having a weapon, albeit unloaded. Not a big deal.

I just think it's funny because all he had to do was keep it in the glovebox.

Definitely not a big deal...personally I don't think he should have even gone to jail. But I guess you can never be too careful these days.

Dog cuffed in paradise misdemeanor or felony'd be nice
Not too particular, not too precise
I'm just a dog cuffed in paradise.

Dog cuffed in paradise misdemeanor or felony'd be nice
Not too particular, not too precise
I'm just a dog cuffed in paradise.
Love it Kyle......

"Went home with a pistol, the way I always do,
How was I to know, I'd get stopped for speeding too
HUH"

I wonder how much it would cost to run up a limited edition set of UGA football cards, with the player's pic on one side and their GPA, SAT score, major and arrest / conviction record on the other. it could kind of be like the old Garbage Pail Kids, but with helmets

I wonder how much it would cost to run up a limited edition set of UGA football cards, with the player's pic on one side and their GPA, SAT score, major and arrest / conviction record on the other. it could kind of be like the old Garbage Pail Kids, but with helmets

I would buy this.

There's two many with records to choose from.

As for this kid, he may not have broken the law that badly, it may be one of those things that isn't even that bad. But it's a trend in Athens to get yourself locked up in the off season. You'd think that Saint Richt would spare some time to sit them down and explain to them that breaking the law is a "bad thing".

Lee34102, I did a quick call to the Athens-Clarke Country Police Department they will have those photos for you on Thrusday AM. They wanted to know will you be picking these up our should they send them?

Oh yea, a Bail Bondsman wants to advertise on the cards.

Back