Another DL from Clemson....

unforgiven108

Dodd-Like
Speaks out. He agrees that it will be easy to stop GT by just staying "disciplined".

Let's see how that works for them in about 34 hours.

Q: One of your teammates, DeAndre McDaniel, told reporters in South Carolina that he doesn’t see what’s so difficult about stopping Tech’s running game as long as you stay disciplined. Do you agree?
A: That’s the point, as long as you play your role and stay discipline you can play well. They lull you to sleep with one yard here, one yard there and then they pop the big one. As long as you play disciplined in your role you’ll be fine.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-tech/clemson-defense-aims-for-133992.html

Do they know they aren't ranked. And that this is made to be locker room material. I am kind of hoping we are able to really run up the score!

Even worse for Clemson is that their defensive linemen don't seem to understand what defending this offense takes. I guarantee that Paul Johnson would love, absolutely love, for Clemson to play disciplined, assignment football. They might make it interesting for a few series, but as soon as we adjust our blocking schemes, Clemson won't know what hit them. It's exactly what happened against UGA.

The worst thing though for those kids on Clemson is that they go to Clemson.

Wait a minute. I think the guy has a point. The fact is, we run that wishbone triple option every play, and if they cover the pitch man, the fullback, and the quarterback, and everyone plays their assignment, they'll stop it everytime. The only way we ever get big yards is when someone who was supposed to get the pitch man tries to get the quarterback or vice versa. Their DTs will take care of the fullback, no problem. If they have figured this out, and have the discipline to execute their assignments, there's no way we can move the ball. This is why LSU beat us.

Reading a lot of stuff like this in Columbia, SC. Steele, their new defensive coordinator, said there are a lot more similarities between what GT and Florida do than the casual observer would imagine. He was at Alabama last year. He was also an assistant on Tom Osborne's staff. "I have seen the Oklahoma wishbone in the real version and the Alabama wishbone in the real versions. I'm not saying that's the answer. All I'm saying is that gives you a starting point."

They stopped us last year, why wouldn't they believe that they're capable of doing it again?

No way they hold us below 30 this year. Josh wasn't running the offense efficiently yet when we played them last year. Plus, he learned how to pass in the offseason.

Reading a lot of stuff like this in Columbia, SC. Steele, their new defensive coordinator, said there are a lot more similarities between what GT and Florida do than the casual observer would imagine. He was at Alabama last year. He was also an assistant on Tom Osborne's staff. "I have seen the Oklahoma wishbone in the real version and the Alabama wishbone in the real versions. I'm not saying that's the answer. All I'm saying is that gives you a starting point."
Meh, usually when a guy is an ex-DC at one school, and didn't make a move upward on the food chain, there's a reason for it.

I cannot imagine a world where Paul Johnson loses to a man named Dabo.

I'm so glad that someone has finally discovered the answer to CPJs offense. It's only took 26 years.

This is the type of game Josh could explode. The Clemson DE's are quick and will get up field to knock off the pitch, Josh will be carrying the ball himself a lot this week I believe.

This is the type of game Josh could explode. The Clemson DE's are quick and will get up field to knock off the pitch, Josh will be carrying the ball himself a lot this week I believe.

He's back!!!! Dems, thanks for the inside info. Here's to Josh. I know you can carry the load if need be. It's your time to shine, man.

Wait a minute. I think the guy has a point. The fact is, we run that wishbone triple option every play, and if they cover the pitch man, the fullback, and the quarterback, and everyone plays their assignment, they'll stop it everytime. The only way we ever get big yards is when someone who was supposed to get the pitch man tries to get the quarterback or vice versa. Their DTs will take care of the fullback, no problem. If they have figured this out, and have the discipline to execute their assignments, there's no way we can move the ball. This is why LSU beat us.

:laugher::laugher::laugher:...very good! Also, if SCAR has ess eee see speed, we have no chance. Because it has been established that Clemson is faster than SCAR.

The idea that the purpose of our offense is to "lull you asleep" with short runs until we run the play designated as the supposed "Big One" is so annoying.

attaboy Dem, thanks for tricking these numbnuts with our game plan. :)

Back