Another **** ESPN thread

Xihix

Dodd-Like
Other one is fine and all, but god damn, this deserves another thread.

What was the last time a top 5 team got knocked and you only heard about 3 mentions of it all night, while hearing stupid bull**** about Florida, Texas, Sam Bradford, Alabama, Iowa, and ****, I swear I saw TCU more than us. Jesus H. Christ. I always thought that maybe because we didn't show up at times, that we didn't get attention. But ****ing a man, we just beat the 4th ranked team! It still hasn't come to me yet that we have because nobody is ****ing talk about it!

Damn it all. We could go 11-1 for the rest of the season and still get no attention.

I wish I could send in one f***ing question to an ESPN talking head right now. It would be:

"Who was the highest ranked team to lose this past week in college football?"

They would be forced to say, "VT."

Then I would ask, "OK, so why did that get the same amount of coverage as Miami beating UCF or TCU playing against CSU?"

Bingo. Isn't the ACC's TV contract up this season? Didn't they just pay a metric ton of money to get the SEC. Gameday Final barely mentioned the game, but the quality of that show is down this season.

The ESPN driven media has a definite agenda. 1. Promote SEC teams. 2. Uphold the BCS status quo. 3. The ACC is an inferior conference when compared to SEC/Big12/Big Hidden11/Pac10.

You can make an argument that ESPN covers the teams that are most popular, but this is a self-fulfilling cycle, because teams become popular through their coverage. The Heisman is even worse.

A few times I have actually thought in terms of someone or something better get their "**** mind right."

I blame all of you for planting this into my vernacular. Thanks.

Same here :o

I park in one of the free lots here at Southern. The catch is that it's a walk to the main part of the campus. Because of that, I usually take the bus at the end of the day to get back (might start taking iti n the morning if its going to be cold as crap).

The other day, I got on and a girl didn't wanna let me by so that I wouldn't block other people getting on. Basically, she was blocking everyone at that stop from being able to get by.

I thought in my head "she needs to get her **** mind rite". Then I was glad that I didn't say it so that everyone looked at me like an idiot :p

I caught some of College Football Live (or whatever that show is called) on ESPN yesterday during the Falcons game, and they had quite a bit of coverage of our game.

However, I do agree that College Gameday Final that is usually shown around midnight after all the games are over had less than 30 seconds of coverage. It sucks, but what can we do about it? We just need to keep winning, and in due time we will get the respect that we rightfully deserve.

Back