Another example of negativity

76tornados

Dodd-Like
I thought this was funny. I am not saying that CCG bashers are not educated in the ways of CF, but this guy makes me laugh.

AJC > Sports > Tech > Blog > Archives > 2005 > August > 22 > Entry

Jackets go under cover till opener
By Mike Knobler | Monday, August 22, 2005, 03:55 PM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Georgia Tech’s practices were open from the beginning of the preseason through Saturday’s scrimmage. That’s a good thing for a reporter and for the fans, too. For fans willing to brave the heat, the open practices gave them a chance to whet their appetite for Tech football. It never hurts to create a buzz about a team.

I like open practices for a more selfish reason; it gives me a chance to learn things that no number of interviews could ever teach me. It’s not just a question of whether Reggie Ball has picked up accuracy (he has) or P.J. Daniels is looking healthy (he is), but it also gives me a better understanding of who these guys are. It’s seeing P.J. run up to a fellow running back to congratulate him after a good play. It’s seeing that Jon Tenuta, though focused on the defense, will shout out to a receiver after a great catch.

Practices are closed now, and they’ll stay that way through the season. But what I’ve seen has me very curious about what I’ll see the next time I watch these guys hit — on the field at Jordan-Hare Stadium.

Permalink | Comments (14) | Post your comment | Categories: Football

Comments
By Will

August 22, 2005 04:20 PM | Link to this

I can’t wait after watching Saturday’s practice. GT is always underrated and this year is no exception. We have plenty of offensive fire power and a great defense. People will start recogonizing after Auburn.

By Brad

August 22, 2005 04:42 PM | Link to this

I’m not sure what scrimmage people were watching Saturday, but I wasn’t the least bit impressed with Reggie’s newfound “accuracy”. He was the same bad decision-maker who threw behind open receivers several times and almost killed Calvin Johnson…again. Johnson had a defender in front of him and one behind him - both all over him - and Reggie threw an ill-advised duck that got Calvin crushed from both sides. Of course he wrestled the ball away from both defenders, but that’s not going to fly every time. Face it, part of the reason we know Calvin is so good is because Reggie’s weak passes require him to be that good.

Seven wins at best. Only good news is that expectations have been raised and Gailey won’t survive. He’s done an excellent job of crippling the program for the next 5 years - recruiting two or three division I players each year and filling the rest of the class with one- and two- star recruits. That’s the recipe for no depth and no future. Thanks Chan…

It sounds like the play he describes with CJ is a thread in between the secondary. What's the problem? I didn't see the play, but I don't see why passing in between two safeties or LB's is a BAD decision. When your WR is 6'4 and can jump, let him make the play. I CANNOT WAIT TILL KICKOFF, BECAUSE I AM SICK OF SPECULATING WHAT THIS YEAR'S TEAM WILL DO!!

Wow, this guy seems like he was shootin and snortin when he wrote this. However, perhaps there is a better explanation. Maybe he got fired from his job recently. I hope he recovers from whatever rejection or addiction he may have.

Maybe he got picked on as a little kid. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nono.gif
Now he sits behind a keyboard and writes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/puke.gif like that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/behead.gif

Back