another expansion poll; public

Public poll. Which of the four options described below do you prefer?

• Total voters

GiveEmHellJackets

Dodd-Like
Which of these four possibilities would you prefer GT to wind up in? Poll is public.

I understand that there are more possibilities than these; the point is to see which of these four people prefer.

"But GEHJ, my vote is contingent on other stuff, and there's just not enough information here for me to decide. I think you are a ***** and your poll sucks etc" Okay, then don't vote. And feel free to post your own poll. :)

The options:

A - ACC (same 12)

B - ACC (16; the current 12 plus four from Big East or non-BCS)

C - Big 10 (16; the current 11 plus GT, Nebraska, Missouri, and 2 other similar additions, not Notre Dame)

D - SEC (16; the current 12 plus GT, Miami, FSU, Clemson/Louisville)

I picked 'A' assuming it also means the Pac 10 and Big Televewelveteen don't expand past 12 teams.

I picked 'A' assuming it also means the Pac 10 and Big Televewelveteen don't expand past 12 teams.

+1, otherwise it'd be B. I don't want to play games in Ohio and Pennsylvania, and certainly don't want to have to lower our academic standards to win consistently in the SEC.

If nobody leaves the ACC, the ACC will be fine. A conference with GT, Miami, VT, Clem, FSU and BC is a strong enough conference. If other conferences expand to 16 teams, we'll do so later. But if I know nobody is leaving the ACC, I'm cool staying where we are.

+1, otherwise it'd be B. I don't want to play games in Ohio and Pennsylvania, and certainly don't want to have to lower our academic standards to win consistently in the SEC.

B, really? There's nothing left to acquire in the Big East, and if we're acquiring from the Big East after the Big Integer has picked it over, there will be even left to acquire. (This is the football forum, after all. In the basketball forum, the comment would be different.)

I prefer A, but only if no BCS conference goes beyond 12. If the moving happens, I wants me some Big Integer action.

I support everyone's right to vote in the poll, but I will be abstaining for the time being :)

Can I ask why the SEC would be considering Louisville? I understand that one driving factor for this is market share, but I think that would really only apply to the Big X's expansion ideas. Unless the others build their own networks, which won't happen for ten years at the very least, market share is moot. ESPN is every where.

Thinking about this, and because this is really only about money, I don't think the SEC or ACC will expand, regardless. That simply means less money for the schools if they do.

Chose C, because I think we would be one of the top teams in Big10 getting a lot of hype and press. I would also like the extra money for the GTAA and hurt SEC/ugag by bringing in Big10 Network to Atlanta. It is also a good academic fit.

I think i would have more fun in places that dont have a overwhelming similarity to the DawgPound to the East. I dont think i would enjoy going to away games in the SEC, whereas I think I would enjoy it more in the Big TeSixteen

The Big 10 brings a lot of cash to the GTAA and comes with a membership to the CIC, which brings in a lot of research money.

I think i would have more fun in places that dont have a overwhelming similarity to the DawgPound to the East. I dont think i would enjoy going to away games in the SEC, whereas I think I would enjoy it more in the Big TeSixteen
just curious, have you been to any away regular season games? Which ones?

After much consideration, I would rather go to the Big 10 than the SEC. It is a better academic fit. I care a lot about football, but it is also important to remain at the top in academics.

I'll probably change my mind.

+1, otherwise it'd be B.
Me too. After that I'd pick the SEC and lastly the Big 10.

Hopefully both the Big10+ and the Pac10 will stop at 12, and the Big XII will just pick up a couple of more teams (like TCU and Houston, and move the Oklahoma schools to the North) assuming Nebraska and Colorado both leave.

This is a tough one.... So I have to use process of elimination. So,

NOT A, change is exciting Im ready to mix it up a little......

NOT C, for me from a football standpoint, we dont have a ton of history with these teams. I dont want to loose the rivalry's we have for teams I dont care much about. Also they are all so far away. Just personally not a huge fan of it, but I would still take it, like I said, I like to mix it up a bit.

For me, that leaves B or D.

B we get to keep some good rivalries going and add a few.... ( I like the idea of adding WVU, only because my wife went to school their and I would love to play them every year )

D - start back up some old rivalries (Bama, Aub, Tenn) and keep some current ACC rivals (MIA, FLA ST, CLEM... if they come), plus I could travel to a lot more games, and the ugagers can no longer say "our conference is better than yours" crap.

I think that D wins for me.... just one mans opinion....

Purely from a football perspective, D is the tastiest option.

Back