Another GT Alum Does Good!

There is no way I'm going to defend Tony Hargrove in this situation --man's got a serious problem if he's willing to trade a year's salary in the NFL for whatever substance(s) he was/is abusing. It's disappointing to read stuff like this. All you can say is that you hope TH can turn it around and salvage a career.

Enough about that --but what's the deal with the title of the thread? First off, ncj is right in that TH is not an 'alum'. Just don't understand the piling on either --'Another GT Alum Does Good!' :wtf:

I don't know, Jimmy Carter did pretty good for himself, and for the world. I'll concede his domestic economic policy was pretty wretched, but you can't ignore the positive impact he's had.

When historians look back at previous presidents, 20 years from now, after China quits subsidizing the country's debt load and the dollar collapses, Carter > Nixon > GWB.

Actually, TH is an alum. There's a difference between being an alum and a graduate. And shame on 1953 for acting like an ass.

Actually, Tony is an alumnus same as (I hate to say it) Jimmy Carter is.

i dont think so. JC actually graduated, albeit from the paltry Naval Academy in Annopolis, while AH was carting luggage at the airport after leaving Tech

not quite the same thing, IMO. nothing against AH, i wish him well, but he is not an alum like JC is an alum because he never graduated

Every tree has a few bad apples. Tony's misdeeds reflect moreso on himself than GT.

Although, it does throw a little irony at those who love to poke fun at all of UGA's players' illicit acitivities.

It also goes to show that players need moral guidance in school as much as they need athletic guidance, especially those with rough upbringings.

I dont really understand why everybody flips out when a GT pro athlete does something stupid and someone comments on how stupid he is. Why is it such a big deal that this guy made fun of Hargrove but in the other thread every1 is laughing about the 2 kids that got arrested from ugaG this past weekend?

Why is it such a big deal that this guy made fun of Hargrove but in the other thread every1 is laughing about the 2 kids that got arrested from ugaG this past weekend?

Speaking for myself, because I as a GT fan support GT and in general do not care to poke fun --or have fun poked upon-- GT former or current athletes who behave stupidly.

On the other hand, I do not care much for the UGA athletic program. So when a UGA former or current athlete does something stupid, I am more likely to acknowledge it.

It would be (and is I'm sure) vice versa on a UGA board --some GT fans just don't care to see 'one of their own' made fun of on one of the 'home' boards so to speak. Not saying it's right or wrong, just pointing out how it generally is.

I don't know, Jimmy Carter did pretty good for himself, and for the world. I'll concede his domestic economic policy was pretty wretched, but you can't ignore the positive impact he's had.

When historians look back at previous presidents, 20 years from now, after China quits subsidizing the country's debt load and the dollar collapses, Carter > Nixon > GWB.

Beej.

Jimmy Carter by any measure was by far the worst president in history and his legacy gets worse and worse the farther away we get from his administration. I'm telling you this because I voted for him twice, and at this point 30 years later, I can look at history and shamefullly admit I've never been more wrong on a vote.

The economic woes of his time in office are well established, and his foreign policy legacy is still coming home to roost. His policies directly lead to the takover of Iran by the Ayotollah, the invasion of Afganistan by the Soviets and the creation of the Taliban.

His one foreign policy accomplishment, the peace accord between Israel and Egypt, was enabled by Carter bribing Israel by committing billions of dollars every year to Israel forever, while setting up the framework for the PA and Arafat's infatada.

He hobnobs with dictators such as Castro and Chavez, certifying dubious elections, and gave away the Panama Canal.

IN 1980 many said that history would show Carter's presidency was not as bad as people at the time said, but history has proven that view wrong, wrong, wrong.

GTL,
used to think Beej was a pretty sharp feller....

Why is it such a big deal that this guy made fun of Hargrove but in the other thread every1 is laughing about the 2 kids that got arrested from ugaG this past weekend?

Because this is a Tech board.

beej67,
thought that'd be obvious

edit-

Geeteelee: I don't disagree with much of what you have to say in that post, but I stand by my assessment that 20 years from now, historians are going to say Carter > Nixon > GWB. GW's going to have as much or more bad foreign affairs legacy as Carter, and his budget irresponsibility will be widely regarded as directly responsible for the collapse of the US economy.

Beej.

Jimmy Carter by any measure was by far the worst president in history and his legacy gets worse and worse the farther away we get from his administration. I'm telling you this because I voted for him twice,...

Twice? "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice..." So I voted for him only on the first go, but definitely not the second time. :fingersx: Little question that he was the worst president in my lifetime and, as you say, like corked wine he just gets worse and worse with time.

Every tree has a few bad apples. Tony's misdeeds reflect moreso on himself than GT.

Although, it does throw a little irony at those who love to poke fun at all of UGA's players' illicit acitivities.

It also goes to show that players need moral guidance in school as much as they need athletic guidance, especially those with rough upbringings.

QFT

Back