Another Miami Whiteout?

i dont understand you people who are against this stuff. we might not be the best at it but we do pretty well. the last two have looked pretty darn good on tv.

if nothing else it pumps up our team. it pumps up some of the student body who for some reason needs something to help them get pumped.

folks like you and me might not need anything to help us get pumped, but why not support a boost for everybody else?

I love the white outs. I don't understand why we wouldn't do this once a year. Besides, we're 2-0 in white out games.

I love the white outs. I don't understand why we wouldn't do this once a year. Besides, we're 2-0 in white out games.

Me too. It wasn't so great the first year, but last year we really nailed it(despite what others and I thought would happen.) Hopefully we do it again this year.

Well, it's a free shirt for students, like me, which is why I like it. And it isn't very effective in cold weather, so since the Miami game is in November, I'm not sure if the Miami game is going to be a white-out.

We whited out Miami in 2008 in late November. It worked out ok. Wear a white t-shirt over something warm.

We whited out Miami in 2008 in late November. It worked out ok. Wear a white t-shirt over something warm.

I had my official white out T-shirt over a long-sleeved GT T-shirt, over an undershirt. I stayed sufficiently warm, although I do seem to remember putting on something to keep my ears warm. Oh, yeah, and I lost my voice that night and had to run a meeting the next day. Just glad I didn't have to teach, I guess.

The 2008 miami game was a horrible white-out, but it was damn fun. Clemson last year absolutely shocked me how great it looked. The entire stadium was lighter on TV and really gave a good look, plus the Clemson fans didn't spoil it at all with the orange.

I'm all in for the next one! But I agree with PTC, it's going to be early because the main reason the Clemson one worked and Miami failed is because it was freezing at the Miami game. With the one vs Clemson, I saw a bunch of people just wearing white t-shirts/polos that had nothing to do with GT

The 2008 miami game was a horrible white-out, but it was damn fun. Clemson last year absolutely shocked me how great it looked. The entire stadium was lighter on TV and really gave a good look, plus the Clemson fans didn't spoil it at all with the orange.

I'm all in for the next one! But I agree with PTC, it's going to be early because the main reason the Clemson one worked and Miami failed is because it was freezing at the Miami game. With the one vs Clemson, I saw a bunch of people just wearing white t-shirts/polos that had nothing to do with GT

I disagree. I think the 2008 whiteout was as bad as it was because no one knew about it. Even in the cold I think we could get close to 2009 performance if we whited out Miami. No one else on our home schedule deserves it.

I disagree. I think the 2008 whiteout was as bad as it was because no one knew about it. Even in the cold I think we could get close to 2009 performance if we whited out Miami. No one else on our home schedule deserves it.

DODD-LIKE

Oh I completely agree. I think they changed our white-out game from MSU to Miami, too, so that confused people. Now that everyone has an image of it in their head of what a whited-out BDS looks like, they'll participate every time. Also, the handful of people who wore gold to the Clemson whiteout will never do it again, I'm sure...

scarface_tony_montana_cocaine.jpg

I can't get the image of the NASA suit guy at the Miami whiteout out of my head. I watched the replay at home and that guy was on the screen about 10 times. Not a good representation of the Tech faithful.

Since the GTAA has been trying to encourage people to wear gold to games, maybe we should have a gold-out instead and encourage people to increase the amount of gold in their game day wardrobes.

Back