Another Miami Whiteout?

It wasn't original when we first did it either. There is very little that is original in college football.

Which is why I think something new should be tried. Boise State has a blue field. Now that's original! I'm not saying we need color our playing surface.

If the players and students want to do it then I'm all for it.

I can't get the image of the NASA suit guy at the Miami whiteout out of my head. I watched the replay at home and that guy was on the screen about 10 times. Not a good representation of the Tech faithful.

He was representing the 2 Tech grads in the Space Station flying overhead that night. One of them was the commander. They explained it and even showed the ISS moving overhead.

He was representing the 2 Tech grads in the Space Station flying overhead that night. One of them was the commander. They explained it and even showed the ISS moving overhead.

Astronaut alumni are a terrible representation of the Institute.

I know why he wore the goofy suit, but he did not have any official status as a representative of the Space Station. It was comical, but he got way too much attention (more than the actual astronauts). Personally, I think it did not show respect for the accomplishments of the Tech alumni in the ISS.

I know why he wore the goofy suit, but he did not have any official status as a representative of the Space Station. It was comical, but he got way too much attention (more than the actual astronauts). Personally, I think it did not show respect for the accomplishments of the Tech alumni in the ISS.

What did you want him to do? Wear a suit and hold up a whiteboard that said "Thanks ISS Astronauts" the whole game?

White outs are cool except for the doofuses who show up wearing some other color.

Back