Another much appreciated benefit of the TO...

GEETEELEE

We suck this much.
Shorter games!!

Saturday's game was only a little over three hours! While I like watching football, some of the four plus hour marathons we've had in the past have simply been toooo long.

I suppose some credit must go to rules changes to shorten games, but that's a misguided attempt; the proper way to shorten games is to reduce the endless commercial advertisments. Gawd, I hate waiting on that damn offical in the red shirt to git off the field!

Like that's gonna happen.

the proper way to shorten games is to reduce the endless commercial advertisments. Gawd, I hate waiting on that damn offical in the red shirt to git off the field!

Like that's gonna happen.

It seems like too many things about the game is built around the TV audience...start times, commercial timeouts, even the day of the week the game is played. Watch the game on TV and during commercials you can get a snack that doesn't cost ten dollars, you don't have to fight the crowd, you don't worry about the weather and you can save the ticket cost.

Where is consideration given by the AA to the loyal fan who comes to the game to cheer for his or her team?

I know. Whine, whine, whine...:mad:

It seems like too many things about the game is built around the TV audience...start times, commercial timeouts, even the day of the week the game is played. Watch the game on TV and during commercials you can get a snack that doesn't cost ten dollars, you don't have to fight the crowd, you don't worry about the weather and you can save the ticket cost.

Where is consideration given by the AA to the loyal fan who comes to the game to cheer for his or her team?

I know. Whine, whine, whine...:mad:

well, its the money in the TV contract that causes this, maybe we can get commercials into BDS to subsidize the food.. oh, we already do, and i hate it

well, its the money in the TV contract that causes this, maybe we can get commercials into BDS to subsidize the food.. oh, we already do, and i hate it

This is the definition of dilemma.

I suppose some credit must go to rules changes to shorten games

I think I saw that games are 10 to 15 plays shorter this year on average than last year. That might have quite a lot to do with it, especially considering how often we scored last game.

First and fourth quarters took forever. I would estimate that two of the three hours took place during them.

This is the definition of dilemma.

the future of college football appears to be moving the way of pro sports -- bankrolled by billionaires

the big money donors will decide the programs of the future, unless TV does it first with bigger and bigger TV deals. this is a trend in virtually every sport across the globe...

big-money-int_02.gif

who will be Tech's Jim and Natalie Haslam???

Back