Another mutt behind bars.

JoltinJacket

► Ģŏ ʝąҁʞεɫʂ ◄
Ahhh, the Dawg days of Spring/Summer are upon us. The dead period where UGA players truly show their inner-Dawg.

This time it's the back-up punter, booked for public drunkenness. Ed Tolley, you have a call holding on line 1.

The backup punter on Georgia’s football team was arrested on a charge of public intoxication early Tuesday.

Trent Dittmer, 21, was arrested around 2:30 a.m. in downtown Athens, Athens-Clarke County Police spokeswoman Hilda Sorrow said today.

A senior walk-on from Cartersville, Dittmer has never punted in a game for the Bulldogs. He punted three times in the recent G-Day intra-squad scrimmage.

Sorrow said the arrest occurred after an officer heard a loud disturbance near the corner of Clayton and Jackson streets. She said the officer saw several men trying to get another man to leave the area because he was causing a disturbance. As the officer approached, the man -– allegedly Dittmer -– broke free from his friends and hit a male in the face with his fist, Sorrow said.

I love how the AUC automatically closes the comments for these stories.

Stories like this make the off-season so much better. I don't want to jinx it, but every time one of these stories comes out about UGA, I wonder what our coaching staff is doing to keep our guys out of trouble...

... I don't want to jinx it, but every time one of these stories comes out about UGA, I wonder what our coaching staff is doing to keep our guys out of trouble...

You seldom here of GT guys getting into trouble --at least it seems that way compared to the off-season riff-raff that has come out of Athens over the past couple of years. Just as long as the staff isn't locking anyone in an electrical closet I think things will be ok.

Stories like this make the off-season so much better. I don't want to jinx it, but every time one of these stories comes out about UGA, I wonder what our coaching staff is doing to keep our guys out of trouble...
Our coaching staff probably has something to do with it but I like to think that our players aren't complete retards like the mutts have shown themselves to be time and time again.

Our coaching staff probably has something to do with it but I like to think that our players aren't complete retards like the mutts have shown themselves to be time and time again.

I think it probably has more to do with location.

GT is located in Atlanta, which has plenty to do. In Athens, you can either:
a) go drinking
b) go cow-tipping

Once you tip a few cows, you start thinking about drinking again.

WTF? A backup punter? You know its bad when the backup punter is in trouble.

I would imagine the only reason our guys dont get arrested or ticketed for Minor under the Influence, Under age consumption, public drunk, etc. is because they do not get caught. And I believe this to be because the Atlanta PD has other things to deal with that the Athens PD does not. I would imagine that the City of Athens makes a good bit of money of the fines from UGAG students in general and it is a priority. In Atlanta, it is not.

I got drunk a lot in college, even in public. I brought so much shame to the Institute.

A drunk college student? HIDE THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN!!!

I got drunk a lot in college, even in public. I brought so much shame to the Institute.

oh please. Georgia Tech revolves around drinking and being drunk. Hell, even our fight song is just an ode to getting f***ed up.

As much as I love laughing at the whimsical antics of our favorite redneck university, this is fairly tame. Who amongst us doesn't violate public drunkeness laws on certain Saturdays during the Fall? This is only worth one Fulmer Cup point.

I think the original poster has brought up a good point about ugay.

Yes, we GT fans/alums condone and partake in drinking not limited to public intoxication, especially on Saturdays in the Fall. However, it is with cleverness and keen ability that GT followers elude imprisonment and imminent media attention. Whereas ugay followers, fans and especially football players cannot resist the temptation to make asses and not limited to scooter riding, fighting, women beating, and public urinating during the intoxication process.

Any questions?

Last edited:
I think the original poster has brought up a good point about ugay.

Yes, we GT fans/alums condone and partake in drinking not limited to public intoxication, especially on Saturdays in the Fall. However, it is with cleverness and keen ability that GT followers elude the police and imminent media attention. Whereas ugay followers, fans and especially football players cannot resist the temptation to make asses and not limited to scooter riding, fighting, women beating, and public urinating during the intoxication process.

Any questions?
I don't know about you, but I rarely elude police at games while intoxicated, and asked GTPD for rides around campus while drunk on a few occasions when I was a student.

How long ago was the Pizza Brawl incident? We should occasionally remember that sad episode before jumping on the mutts too hard.

Back