Another new commit!

Awesome News...Maybe this will put some pressure on some of the others to go ahead and commit. We should only have about 9 spots available. I wouldn't be too surprised to see someone like Nigel Mitchell-Thorton decommit if the defensive staff is not retained at Tennessee.

He has great size. 6ft 4 and weighs 285. This is HUGE! We have wanted this kid for a long time but after he commited to UT the staff never let up. Way to go Staff! Lets hope foster can turn Mike Gillard who is commited to UGA. They are really close friends and Mike was already in the process of setting up a visit with us.

I think that Hood is going to be a Jacket. Probably sooner than later now that we have 4. Johnson always seemed like a Vandy lean to me. But, we need as many good OL players as we can get IMO.

Incredible!!! Smith and Foster are big time players. Foster is just a mountain of a man. He's fast too! It is amazing what beating FSU does for our recruiting. Especially when UT and Clemson fire their coaches, and Auburn and UGA are exposed. Just imagine what'll happen when we beat UGA in a few weeks.

I think that Hood is going to be a Jacket. Probably sooner than later now that we have 4. Johnson always seemed like a Vandy lean to me. But, we need as many good OL players as we can get IMO.

I think 5 will be plenty. We have 11 returning scholarship linemen next year...5 incoming freshman make 16.

We do lose 4 to graduation next year...but only 2 are likely starters.

We also have 2 walk-on OL's that have seen time and return next year....Krish and Bedford.

It is possible that we go to 25 this year depending on need...and with some possible medical schollies happening. One scholarship will go to Scott Blair..leaving 24 (and only 9 schollie seniors next year and a monster talent year in-state).

That means we have between 7 and 9 spots left assuming we keep the 15 we have committed.

18-20 still being GT recruited heavily with GT offers:
QB David Sims (soft to Kentucky)
QB Dontae Aycock
QB Courtney Dalcourt
QB Everett Proctor (soft to NCSt)
BB Dominique Allen (soft to Tenn)
BB Toney Williams (soft to Tenn)
AB Demond Dennis
AB Braxton Lane (MLB probable)
WR/QB Ricky Johnson (soft to Arkansas)
OL Daniel Hood
OL Wesley Johnson
DE Andre Civil (soft to Rutgers)
DE Euclid Cummings
DE Izaan Cross
LB/RB Jonathan Davis
LB Mike Gilliard (sfot to GA)
LB Nigel Mithcell-Thornton (soft to TN)
FS Darren Myles
* There are one or two others that are current commits elsewhere we are talking to and have offers.

At least 7 "on the bubble" players waiting for GT offers:
RB Brandon Brown
AB Luke Swift
OL Hunter Poole
Ol Camden Wentz
DE Victor Gray
LB Julian Burnette
CB Rashard Smith

Last edited:
Hey Hiver, wasn't Foster a package deal along with another kid from Valdosta (a linebacker if I'm not mistaken) a few months back around the time when Dieke comitted? If so who was that other player, have we offered him and do they still want to go to school together? I could be mistaken here, please let me know.

Hey Hiver, wasn't Foster a package deal along with another kid from Valdosta (a linebacker if I'm not mistaken) a few months back around the time when Dieke comitted? If so who was that other player, have we offered him and do they still want to go to school together? I could be mistaken here, please let me know.

Not a package deal anymore as Gilliard committed to the cesspool. However, Gilliard is likely to visit GT on Dec. 12.

Didn't I read somewhere that next year is a really good year so maybe we don't want to max out this year if it cuts into next?

Rashard Smith would be an excellent recruit. Athletic, smart and a real gamer. plays QB and DB but is a natural DB or CB

Rashard Smith would be an excellent recruit. Athletic, smart and a real gamer. plays QB and DB but is a natural DB or CB

It does not look like Rashard will get an offer. Unless there are drastic changes, Demond Dennis received the last offer.

I do not disagree with you though...Rashard is a fine player.

Didn't I read somewhere that next year is a really good year so maybe we don't want to max out this year if it cuts into next?

We do only have a handful of seniors and the state of Georgia is supposed to be its deepest in history.

That just means we will not just fill spots this year unless we are sure they can help us win championships...we would save a couple for next year instead.

Next years class could be finished before the season starts.

Back