ANOTHER NEW COMMITMENT!!!

tommie

Varsity Lurker
Mr Eric Williams a 6'3 190 4.5 S from Metter GA also is a 3 star S and rated at #19 by the insider's had 114 tackles 4 INT last season. 3.8 GPA.GREAT TO HAVE ANOTHER GEORGIA KID KEEP THEM COMMING CHAN!!!!! Check out the story on jacketsonline

alright! another physical specimen and from georgia.

4 down 21 to go.

I bet we sign 28.

We have 70 on scholarship with 13 seniors graduating leaving 28 ships...assuming no one elses transfers, claims medical, or has academic trouble.

We will just have to find a few kids that can enroll in January since you can only have 25 in one year.

Looks like Gailey having Tenuta on board is gonna pay off. A lot of experience coaching offenses and defenses between those two.

Good size for covering recievers, blitzing and popping running backs. Welcome aboard.

Thats what im talking about!!! I love seeing new recruits committing to the White and Gold, especially this caliber of player. Keep um comin!!

He's listed in the Fab50 as one of the top defensive backs in the country. Check this out;

Top national DBs

Insiders' 'Student Sports' says GT & Maryland had already offered back in April. Also, check out that GT has offered Johnie Burns, Joe Burns' brother. Burns' parents were rather upset over the way GT handled his eligibility:

GT offered Williams early.

YES SIR!!! GO JACKETS!!

Thanks Tommie for the info. Great work.

Welcome to the GT Family Eric!!!
blue.gif

Very impressive, thanks Coach.

Coach has done everything right since grade gate to get my trust. I can't wait to see more of the same, because it will truly bring harmony back to our program!

Welcome Eric!

We have two VERY highly rated Free Safeties coming into tech on back to back years. Also Gaston was highly rated SS at the end of last year. The secondary is starting to look real good. Add in Houston, Scott, and one or two more good recruits and we might be tough there in a few years.

I also think our LB corp coming in these last two years is sneaky good. Not much pub but serious ballers (moore, Wheeler and co).

Originally posted by 33jacket:
We have two VERY highly rated Free Safeties coming into tech on back to back years. Also Gaston was highly rated SS at the end of last year. The secondary is starting to look real good. Add in Houston, Scott, and one or two more good recruits and we might be tough there in a few years.

I also think our LB corp coming in these last two years is sneaky good. Not much pub but serious ballers (moore, Wheeler and co).
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You said it!! Want to add... HALL!!

GO JACKETS!

Originally posted by GTTerrific:
YES SIR!!! GO JACKETS!!

Thanks Tommie for the info. Great work.

Welcome to the GT Family Eric!!!
blue.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">No problem anytime I can bring some good news about GT I will. A little hint things are taking off in recruiting at tech please guys/gals no question just trust me.
tongue.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif
smile.gif

Great news. Not only is he an in-state kid, he's from south/middle Georgia,..an area we definately need to get back to. Certainly a major positive to see who we were competing with for Mr. Williams,....that's more like it. This is the type player we were getting some 3-4 years ago,....need MANY more like him. The GPA is a bonus,....not all of the players we need to be recruiting will have a 3.8,....that's my concern with our current recruiting strategy. And that is probably why were almost non-existent on the in-state Top 50 recruits.

GATA JACKETS!!!!

Driver8, I agree not all our players have to have a 3.8, but if a few more did we might not be sweating summer school after watching 10 flunk out.
grin.gif

Originally posted by ncjacket:
Driver8, I agree not all our players have to have a 3.8, but if a few more did we might not be sweating summer school after watching 10 flunk out.
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">10 was in spring, we have another possible 2 starters in Summer (which is generally the semester you lose a few on average, not in the spring-especially 10) That makes 12, plus Gailey not using our alotment of scholarships 2 years ago- 5 left over. Makes at least 17. Then when you factor a Poiree, Holliday, and a few more- we have a whole year's recruiting class essentially not on the team!

Originally posted by The Gnome of Zurich:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ncjacket:
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">10 was in spring, we have another possible 2 starters in Summer (which is generally the semester you lose a few on average, not in the spring-especially 10) That makes 12, plus Gailey not using our alotment of scholarships 2 years ago- 5 left over. Makes at least 17. Then when you factor a Poiree, Holliday, and a few more- we have a whole year's recruiting class essentially not on the team!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ouch!

Who knows how our actual roster number compares with other ACC teams?

Back