Another Paul Johnson Story

BuzzLaw

StinGTalk destroyer
I was speaking to a trial lawyers group yesterday and ran into a Notre Dame graduate. We, of course, started talking football and the bs call that cost us the game in Atlanta a few years back and then he told me about PJ's final game with Navy vs. N.D.

He said, prior to the game Weis wobbled over the field to PJ and said, "Paul, I just don't understand it, you can run the ball for three or 400 yards a game, but you just can't win. You just can't beat people."

We all know how the game ended up, with Navy beating ND for the first time in 40-something years. After the game, PJ ran across the field to Weis and said, "Looks like we beat somebody today."

:laugher:

What a moron. Why would you say that to the coach you're about to face? Idiot.

I don't understand how people thought Navy was a fair talent equivalency either. Remember Notre Dame "supposedly" has the best recruiting classes every year.

I don't understand how people thought Navy was a fair talent equivalency either. Remember Notre Dame "supposedly" has the best recruiting classes every year.
They suck at recruiting coaches!

Crew.jpg

"Seriously ...it's that big. I just don't understand it, I can run into 3, maybe 4 chicks after a game in South bend, ..you know, mainly because I'm the head coach at Notre Dame, even moreso than my sexy-beast physique. But I just can't win. I just can't score with the chicks. I just end up beating myself."

I have a really hard time believing that story.
ALL of the stories that have run about Weis say that he has a massive ego - and that would be just the exact kind of thing he would say.

So, yeah, like beej said, Weis is about the only coach I'd believe that story about.

ALL of the stories that have run about Weis say that he has a massive ego - and that would be just the exact kind of thing he would say.

So, yeah, like beej said, Weis is about the only coach I'd believe that story about.

weis_feature.charlie

In fact, PJ's comments after the game were: "Hey Charlie, we beat YOUR ass - the front one AND the back one!"

weis.jpg

I have a really hard time believing that story.

I did too. I didn't know much about Weis except that he sucks as a coach and has eaten way too many cheeseburgers. It came from a N.D. guy who swore it was true. The N.D. guy told me Weis had a ego bigger than his ass.

If given the opportunity, I'll ask PJ about it when the caravan comes to Macon.

ESPN did a segment on Weis about a week ago. The jist of the story was that Weis was so confident in his ability, that the college game would be a cake walk. He evidently thought it would be like going from High school to Pee Wee football. (My analogy)

ESPN did a segment on Weis about a week ago. The jist of the story was that Weis was so confident in his ability, that the college game would be a cake walk. He evidently thought it would be like going from High school to Pee Wee football. (My analogy)

I think Al Groh had/has that problem as well comparing college football to checkers relative to the NFL (chess) when he took the job at UVa.

Back