Another poster has said that Quinton Wesley

BLACK WATCH

Helluva Engineer
Did not get an offer from GT as he BARELY missed the sat score/grades....I have no reason to doubt this poster and feel sorry about biting his ear off concerning it...I spoke to the kid and coach/Parent and they claimed grades was not an issue and he would go to UNC more likely...UNC is NO slouch of a school and IF we are NOT allowed to compete for the same athletes UNC or UVA compete for then SOMETHING has to be done!!!!

If this is the issue, then GT is in BIG Trouble as some have been saying as far as the Hill is concerned...What can be done?? Is it that the State board of Regents yield that much power over the Hill ? Thoughts??

I don't know about Wesley but i believe we have now raised our standards such that we can't recruit the same players as teh other acc schools, except wake and duke.

I doubt there is anything we can do about it....

The hill is obviously taking a "flunk 'em out before they get here" attitude as a result of flunkgate - which does not seem to go away. Obviously, someone down there feels that the best way to protect their job is to make damn sure no borderline SA's can get into Tech.

I say we find this person and have them canned for acting against the best interests of our institution. One thing that those pointy heads must remember is that football has been around since the infancy of GT.

It is a proud part of our heritage. It is our tradition. It is important. It is in danger of being diluted down to being lost. It is nearly as important to the institute as the academics. Without our sporting past putting us on the map, GT could very well be one of many small, anonymous engineering schools across the country.

We struggled with poor facilities in the 70's, 80's and a good portion of the 90's. We have wonderful new facilities and a chance to move up in CFB. Why are we shooting ourselves in the foot?

This should be stopped now.

I hear what y'all are saying but I haven't heard any facts or explanations yet from the Hill and our AD. They owe us fans and alumni an explanation of exactly what is going on and who supports it and who does not.

I played against him this past season. He's pretty good, but isn't a huge loss.

DING DING DING!!!! WE HAVE a WINNER .....

That was the original message of my post....He/Dad/Coach indicated that GT had other Dlineman they were involved with (I took it from Him that big Michael Hall out of SW. Dekalb was one of them) SO GRADES/SCORES were NOT an issue and I believe it to this day. This man had GOOD grades. Regardless of what some asst. coach says...A coach could say that to save face OR maybe the other Dlineman had SLIGHTLY better grades/scores....I was not impressed with him on the Bball court either and I see a LOT of athletes on the Hardwood....He would have had a LOT of filling out to do, if he was to see the Football field!!! IMHO.... BOR,Im not talking about you....But a lot of people on this board are going to have to learn that GT is on a lot better athletes nowdays and have to pass on some very good football players....THIS year we only have 20 to 21 players to give scholly's to...We have Brad Sellers committed and only have 2 to 3 more spots on the Dline left to fill and STILL have 2 months to go....Quinton Wesley will go to either UNC or Miss. State he told me!!!

Bogey

Clough is on the NCAA academic committee and I said 6 mos ago that Tech will be the poster child for graduation improvement.We will be on the front bumper of the Humvee running thru the "academic appearance jungle".We will be a Duke or Vandy unless things go very well.

Re: Ala Gold

you lost me when you said we will be a Duke or Vandy unless things go very well? I hate to appear dense, but could you explain that to me?

Back