Another question about North stands

Gold Rush

Flats Noob
WHat seats will be available for the 2002 season - just the lowermost seats which now appear complete, but NOT that second, higher section behind it ? Is this the way it will be all season ?

Just curious

That is my understanding Gold Rush. The stadium reco. will be completed in 2 phases. The 1st was this year. The next will be after this season and includes adding the upper North stands.

Thanks for that, but what I mean is-->

The existing lower deck appears to be in two sections, one in front of the other....From the pics, it looks like only the first (lower) part of the lower deck is ready for use.....Is this correct, or will the seats (usable) be in place in that upper section of the lower north (WHew! that sounds complicated !) in time for the season?

I thought that gap in the upper/lower North was to be the lettermans club - is that correct or is it coaches offices ?

the upper part of that lower North doesn't have seats in yet --- will that happen quickly, ie before the Vandy game ?

Also - from the photos, I've also noticed that the south end zone seems to be larger and more upright than the early drawings suggested....does this seem so from those of you that have been there ?

Know what you mean about drawings. Those drawings are for artistic views. They aren't actual. They also give different impressions on north stands as well. The stadium in person looks a lot larger than in photoes and artist drawings.

That portion next to the edge center which is open now is for Coach Gailey's office. It might be part of lettermens club too. Just don't know. I think lettermens club is actually in the club level, but not certain.

Yes, that portion of top lower north stands will be complete for Vandy. They can get those stands finished in no time. Seems they've been working harder on other parts. That alluminum goes up fast. Seats for that portion of top lower north stands have been sold or on sale for Vandy. It will be done.

GT - thanks for the info - I think its gonna be AWESOME - can't wait till vandy !

GTT - in terms of checking out BDS for ourselves before the 31st is there anything we need to be aware of? I thought I could make it till then to see the new digs but hearing about it and seeing the pictures is making my curiosity get the better of me.

Originally posted by EiT:
in terms of checking out BDS for ourselves before the 31st is there anything we need to be aware of? I thought I could make it till then to see the new digs but hearing about it and seeing the pictures is making my curiosity get the better of me.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">When I go check out BDS@HGF I just walk in an open gate at the SW or SE corner, and if those are shut, I step over the knee-high fence near the SW gate near the obelisk on the lower plaza. There may be no one there, or there may be a bunch of other guys there checking it out (I'm on my way soon). I've never had anyone tell me to get out--just have common sense and don't plunder around the construction zones.
grin.gif

Hmm. Do I have to tell all?
wink.gif
I'm scared to over step my bounds. Feel fortunate that they allow us to go check it out. Not sure If I've been going places I shouldn't.

There was one Sat that I couldn't get into the Wardlaw entrance off North Ave. No need to go in building. Can just walk to the deck overlooking the field. That's probably the easiest and best view. Sometimes can get into West stands. It is open from North Ave and from Bobby Dodd Way. Right now there is a lot of construction on that access road to the west stands off Bobby Dodd. I haven't tried getting in there in some weeks.

The places you shouldn't go are marked.
wink.gif

It's nice of Turner and GTAA to allow us to take a gander at what really is a fantastic renovation.

I understand what you're asking. Let's divide it into three sections: lower-lower, upper-lower, and upper.

I am virtually positive that both the upper-lower and lower-lower sections of the North stands are planned for seating people this fall.

We were told the capacity would be just under 43K this season. A little quick calculation shows that this figure almost HAS to include all of the lower north stands, not just the lower-lower.

What I wonder is: are they starting construction in that gap between the Edge and the stands where the letterman's club and coaches' offices are going to be, or are we just going to have a gap tooth this season?

I like to park next to the Savant building, as close as possible to the Tech tower, and walk in the West stands in the gates by the Student Success Center.

There is one door in those gates that is always open. You can go down into the Lower West stands, and from there you can get a great view of the North stands construction.

Golden, you're correct. Spoke with someone about this on site yesterday when I was down there.

There is going to actually be 4 sections to the North stands. There is the lower bowl which is mirror image of south stands. There is a walkway on top of that then what I call the top of the lower north which is below what will be club seating next year. Then the upper North on top of club seating. All the seating below the club seating will be ready this year. I've got some new pictures, but haven't had time to put them up yet from yesterday. I'm slack huh.
wink.gif
There is an open area next to the Edge center in the top lower section. That's where Coach Gailey's office is going to be. It won't be finished this year I guess. Not sure though. Thinking that's part of phase II. Tell me that's not going to be impressive when recruits come and visit! The top lower section has a angled portion towards the west stands. That will be complete for seating this year.

The fensing is up in front of north and south stands now. They are more than half way though bricking the west wall. They were working on it hard. Outside east is really coming. They were pouring concrete yesterday outside there. It's really shaping up fast. Massive work going on inside of North stands and east stands. Have a feeling coaches offices will not be finished this year in North Stands, but not sure of locker rooms. North Stands when inside is much bigger than seems from pictures and looking from outside.

They were working on the pebble/rock track going around the field. Saw some rolls of something. Thinking they are close to putting down matting. The field is improving more and more. Was being cut yesterday before practice.

They were pressure washing the west stands. I told a guy to make sure he cleaned my seats well.
grin.gif

Have to say that's the most workers I've seen at one time working on BDS. Guys eveywhere!

Got my season tickets yesterday. Am so excited. Now if I can only get a car plate like Coldbeer, I'll be set!

Back