Another 'rating' (Nesbitt)

unforgiven108

Dodd-Like
Breakaway speed? Did they watch the same games I did? Granted he's a tough runner, but I wouldn't call him a speedster.

Mentally, Nesbitt's the best out there. He can see opportunities to escape and has no problem with lowering his shoulder into an opponent for extra yards, but physically he's neither exceptionally fast nor strong (relative to other "runners", that is).

I think his ankles have slowed him down, but he never was a "breakaway" guy. He always seemed to slow down after 15-20 yards, but as a QB, he needs to get down or get out of bounds at that point, anyway. I don't want to see him get tackled at full speed. If he is being compared to other QBs, it's not the same kind of breakaway speed that they measure running backs by.

Mentally, Nesbitt's the best out there. He can see opportunities to escape and has no problem with lowering his shoulder into an opponent for extra yards, but physically he's neither exceptionally fast nor strong (relative to other "runners", that is).

I think he's exceptionally strong.

I think his ankles have slowed him down, but he never was a "breakaway" guy. He always seemed to slow down after 15-20 yards, but as a QB, he needs to get down or get out of bounds at that point, anyway. I don't want to see him get tackled at full speed. If he is being compared to other QBs, it's not the same kind of breakaway speed that they measure running backs by.

Totally agree.

Back