Another reason why I hate Ugag

C

Crazy4tech

Found this on one of the ugag boards, freaking great. Read towards the bottom about the VT game.

"Georgia Tech is now selling tickets to the UGA game on its web site. The ticket is available via the three game "Flex Pack" via their web site. You can buy the tickets by going here.

You will need to enter promotional code "GTFP"
The Flex Pack allows you to buy tickets for any 3 games, and GT varies prices for games based on demand. For instance the UGA game cost $50 while VT (Thursday, Nov. 1st at 7:30 pm) and Clemson cost $45. I think Samford costs around $28. In other words, you can go the cheaper route and get UGA + Samford + Army and save a few bucks. Or you can go UGA + VT + Clemson (or UNC) and get the better games.

The better games total out to be $140 for the 3 games (total) + $10 shipping (per order). The cheaper games...obviously cost less.

If you want slightly better tickets, you could contribute a few extra bucks to the "TECH Fund" and get better seats for $25 or so. I'm not sure how that works, but the idea of contributing on top of buying tix to a game I'll never see (clemson), made me puke a little in my own mouth.

Great seats near the UGA band were still available as of 12:30 am on June 28th.

The Virginia Tech game is appealing on Thursday night b/c it's the week after UGA vs. UF, and our very appearance during one of their games causes them deep distress. Good times. :mad:

If you need help dumping your Clemson or other game tix, you can feel free to list your extras on StubHub.com. Just go to the link and click "sell" for the games in question. It's pretty easy.

Let's fill Bobby Dodd with Red. Like normal.:mad:

I hate UGA as much as anyone, but this isn't really a reason to hate them. This is the type of passion that they and many other schools have, and we tend to lack. Only thing we can do is win while they're there, so they can't say anything.

Coming to our games decked out in their UGAy gear when they aren't even playing us is extremely lame.

There's very few circumstances I can think of where I'd go to a game in Athens not involving Tech, but in any of those I'd be respectful enough to go decked out in Tech gear.

Mutt fans are and always have been low to no class.

Meh...I always make it a point to wear nothing but Tech stuff whenever I am in Athens, especially if it's for a game, ie the Sugar Bowl that took place in the GA Dome. I have no respect for them.

Lets plan for them this year. If you see a Ugager and kids in tow wearing their David or David jersey, get real close and yell "to hell with GA", it will unnerve the kids if not the parents.

If you want to escalate then "spill" a Coke on one of them or carry a water gun with bleach water in it and squirt them. But please, no physical violence, we are above that.:D

Ohh, don't worry we will bee ready for them this year. I remember a few years ago when we played Maryland on a Thurs night (we won 7-3). There were several ugag fans near me and my buddy and I ended up getting into a scuffle with two of them. It was great, the cops came down and seperated us then they got kicked out of the game!

Now fighting is wrong but if you sit near me with ugag stuff on, well folks its ON! I am sorry, I am not going to sit near someone wearing red & black while we are not even playing them and hear barking.

You gotta defend your home from invaders and the leg humpers are not welcome in BDS!!!:mad:

Coming to our games decked out in their UGAy gear when they aren't even playing us is extremely lame.

There's very few circumstances I can think of where I'd go to a game in Athens not involving Tech, but in any of those I'd be respectful enough to go decked out in Tech gear.

Mutt fans are and always have been low to no class.

Are you saying the would or would not wear Tech stuff if you attended a random Ugag game?

Related to the whole Red & Black in BDS... I remember a home game we had against Duke in basketball a year or two ago. Somehow a Dukie managed his way into our Swarm section and pulled off his shirt revealing full blown blue body paint. 5 minutes later, the AMC security removed him to the roaring applause of our fans... Hmmm... hmmm... HMMMM...

Getting any ideas?! Actually, I've known a buzz or two who has tried to displace visiting UGA fans out of the student sections.

That gets me thinking, I met a cool gal who attends a nice South American University... however, her favorite colors are red & black... Hmmmm... hmmm... HMMMM... Maybe this is some sort of foreshadowed warning...haha.

Are you saying the would or would not wear Tech stuff if you attended a random Ugag game?

Why would you go to a random Ugag game? I can't even see myself going through the trouble of driving to Athens to see them get killed, since they're usually on TV anyway.

Found this on one of the ugag boards, freaking great. Read towards the bottom about the VT game.

"Georgia Tech is now selling tickets to the UGA game on its web site. The ticket is available via the three game "Flex Pack" via their web site. You can buy the tickets by going here.

You will need to enter promotional code "GTFP"
The Flex Pack allows you to buy tickets for any 3 games, and GT varies prices for games based on demand. For instance the UGA game cost $50 while VT (Thursday, Nov. 1st at 7:30 pm) and Clemson cost $45. I think Samford costs around $28. In other words, you can go the cheaper route and get UGA + Samford + Army and save a few bucks. Or you can go UGA + VT + Clemson (or UNC) and get the better games.

The better games total out to be $140 for the 3 games (total) + $10 shipping (per order). The cheaper games...obviously cost less.

If you want slightly better tickets, you could contribute a few extra bucks to the "TECH Fund" and get better seats for $25 or so. I'm not sure how that works, but the idea of contributing on top of buying tix to a game I'll never see (clemson), made me puke a little in my own mouth.

Great seats near the UGA band were still available as of 12:30 am on June 28th.

The Virginia Tech game is appealing on Thursday night b/c it's the week after UGA vs. UF, and our very appearance during one of their games causes them deep distress. Good times. :mad:

If you need help dumping your Clemson or other game tix, you can feel free to list your extras on StubHub.com. Just go to the link and click "sell" for the games in question. It's pretty easy.

Let's fill Bobby Dodd with Red. Like normal.:mad:

This is a reason to respect them. They take advnatge of Gt's arrogant flaws. GT did not need 55,000 seats but gave in to O'ls demands and they certainly didn't have to charge such steep Tech Fund fees for so many seats.

LSU's PSL's for lower level seats can be had for $105 where demand far exceeds supply but GT wanted $150 and more for uppers. The continued economic decisions made by the GTAA are absurd and thus UGag will fill more of BDS than ever before and will in turn create a huge glut of tix for VT thereby driving by down that price.

Supply and demand is a good think when used correctly. Season ticket prices should have been raised to say $300 for all seats and implemented PSLs for the best seats (say between the 30s where there is real demand).

Oh well, if you want tix I've got some left but this one was easy to call.

Please put this in perspective for me.

How much did each extra seat cost? Compare that to the added income and add in value added on our reputation as a Div 1 player and then tell me it was a bad investment.

My guess is that the extra seats in the upper north cost about $15M and added 5000 seats. That'd be $3000 per seat and would require 20 years to be paid back at $150/year or 3 games sold out annually. For a football stadium, it's not that bad.

How much did each extra seat cost? Compare that to the added income and add in value added on our reputation as a Div 1 player and then tell me it was a bad investment.

My guess is that the extra seats in the upper north cost about $15M and added 5000 seats. That'd be $3000 per seat and would require 20 years to be paid back at $150/year or 3 games sold out annually. For a football stadium, it's not that bad.

Are you including all costs such as 90% of those seats will remain empty or be filled by the oppostion, financing costs which are killing the program, maintenance costs, etc.?

I agree adding seats for the price is a good move IF you have the money and IF you see a day when demand will be there? We definitely Did NOT have the money and demand does not seem to be increasing all that much. The lower North was a no-brainer and added seats but the upper north has been a fiasco thus far and basically allows ND, UGAG, Auburn, Clemson, etc to bring another 5000 fans to the game.

FWIW, I'd guess the upper north costs about $30 million based on total project cost and how complex that was from an enginneering perspective compared to the baseball field and the lower north expansion. I'd alos guess it added about 7500 seats.

If I'm in the ballpark and if you financed it over 20 years (think I read this somewhere), you're looking at about $270,000 a month for the new seats. without counting other costs, that's $36 a month*12 months = $432 a seat per year for 20 years. IFFFF, we made $150 per seat per year, that's still a difference of $282 per seat per year to be made up by donors (i.e. the new TECH FUND).

And what do we get for it, more Ugagers and tigers in the stands. BTW, this year if we sell out 3 games we'll do $140 as those are the highest priced three games. You figure with family packs, etc. you can make another $10,000 per game for the other 4 games so that reduces your need to make aup all the money on donors alone.

Either way, the upper North has hurt a lot and it will take at least a decade to meet the demand. Hopefully with the Hope Scholarship and more GT grads being from GA and satying closer to home after graduation, we can build up demand in the next few years to make this less of a costly decision.

thwg, I was very surprised that Braine didn't raise the money up front and that we basically still owe the $70M. Yes, I can not argue that with interest, etc. it is a bad investment and I can only hope that they were not originally intending it to be that way.

I also thought that the upper north probably added 7500 seats, but I question the $30M. The total cost of the project was $70M and there had to be a lot more work put into the lower east (building around the upper east, adding more bathrooms, putting in the club seats), the lower north (same issues plus offices, etc.), leaving some cost for the upper north and south additions. It's splitting hairs certainly but I want to believe that it was $20M, adding 7500 seats and that $2700 per seat plus interest is reachable as a break even.

The stadium has been mostly full for many games since expansion. There is marketing value in the bigger stadium and I think O'Leary just wanted to be able to sell us as a Div 1 player. But there is also value in Band Day and value in having cheap seats to offer families to become future Tech fans.

And personally, until Tech can offer the packed excited college campus on its own, I like having in Auburn, Clemson, VPI and Notre Dame. The dogs however can just stay away as far as I'm concerned.

thwg, I was very surprised that Braine didn't raise the money up front and that we basically still owe the $70M. Yes, I can not argue that with interest, etc. it is a bad investment and I can only hope that they were not originally intending it to be that way.

I also thought that the upper north probably added 7500 seats, but I question the $30M. The total cost of the project was $70M and there had to be a lot more work put into the lower east (building around the upper east, adding more bathrooms, putting in the club seats), the lower north (same issues plus offices, etc.), leaving some cost for the upper north and south additions. It's splitting hairs certainly but I want to believe that it was $20M, adding 7500 seats and that $2700 per seat plus interest is reachable as a break even.

The stadium has been mostly full for many games since expansion. There is marketing value in the bigger stadium and I think O'Leary just wanted to be able to sell us as a Div 1 player. But there is also value in Band Day and value in having cheap seats to offer families to become future Tech fans.

And personally, until Tech can offer the packed excited college campus on its own, I like having in Auburn, Clemson, VPI and Notre Dame. The dogs however can just stay away as far as I'm concerned.

you might be right on the cost...I just assumed the baseball and lower north was pretty inexpensive and I was thinking mostly remodeling. I would guess having a chuck of concrete haniging out there costs a lot but to be honest I don't finance projects this size and do not realy know what it would cost. I'd think certainly more than $15 million but maybe not as much as $30 million.

Braine made some very bad financial decisions either way.

Just in case you run across any Dawg from the 70's of before and want to rally rag them, ask if their wife, sister or Mom worked at Effie's. It was a whore house near the campus. With the sexual revolution it went out of business in the mid 70's.

We have a Licker at my golf club and I rag him about the Masters, the founder and a winner both Tech men. Then the British Open, we have a winner there as well.
So ask the Lickers about their PGA Major wins, ZERO.

But to go to Athens for a non-Tech game, I would still need a cop and a bail-bonds man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjano mdudu

That's exactly what I'm saying. It's a bush league move.

Knoxjacket,
I'm still not sure what you're talking about. My question -again- was would you would you not wear Tech regalia at a Ugag event if you attended one? Earlier you said it would be "lame" if a mut fan wore their stuff to one of our games, but then said you would "be respectful enough to go decked out in Tech gear" if you went to a game in Athens that wasn't a Tech game. I'm not trying to harp by any means, I'm just can't understand your point.

Back