Another reason why I hate Ugag

Just in case you run across any Dawg from the 70's of before and want to rally rag them, ask if their wife, sister or Mom worked at Effie's. It was a whore house near the campus. With the sexual revolution it went out of business in the mid 70's.

Yet another nostalgic moment. I had assumed that Effie's was no longer operating, still it is sad to note that it is gone. Sort of like losing the Varsity, if it were to happen, although the food is probably better at the V and maybe even the whores are better also. :rolleyes:

Knoxjacket,
I'm still not sure what you're talking about. My question -again- was would you would you not wear Tech regalia at a Ugag event if you attended one? Earlier you said it would be "lame" if a mut fan wore their stuff to one of our games, but then said you would "be respectful enough to go decked out in Tech gear" if you went to a game in Athens that wasn't a Tech game. I'm not trying to harp by any means, I'm just can't understand your point.
Sorry, I didn't read your post closely and didn't notice my own typo. I wouldn't wear Tech stuff to a UGAy game if I ever ended up at one.

I'd also add I'd never pay for a ticket to a UGAy game not involving Tech.

Sorry, I didn't read your post closely and didn't notice my own typo. I wouldn't wear Tech stuff to a UGAy game if I ever ended up at one.

I love college football, so being able to get another ticket for a UGA game, a ticket for a Thursday night game with GT and VT, and a 3rd to see GT and Army is a nice deal. The only time I've worn red to Bobby Dodd is in late November.

As a courtesy I and the rest of my buddies always go to GT games, that don't involve UGA, in rival neutral colors. I'll have on a white polo or t-shirt with a solid navy Atlanta Braves hat. I'll blend well. I've done the same in the past. Anytime I see a non-ivolved fan at Sanford in their team's gear, i.e. ND, Clemson, UNC, USC, rarely GT, all I can think is "douche bag". Same goes for the UGA fans that'll be at the VT game wearing red. I promise you those same jokers wouldn't wear red to Bobby Dodd for the VT game if we had lost the Peach Bowl.

I wear Tech apparel everywhere to show pride in our university. Everywhere also included Athens, whenever we visted our oldest daughter over there. Some things in life are just not negotiable.

I wear Tech apparel everywhere to show pride in our university. Everywhere also included Athens, whenever we visted our oldest daughter over there. Some things in life are just not negotiable.

I mentioned this thread to a friend and he said "I would drive to Athens *because* I was wearing a Tech shirt."

Last edited:
If a UGA fan buys a flex pack right now...it'll cost them around 175 bucks. Most aren't going to buy just one so bang $350. Set of four friends....$1400 right into the pocket of our athletic fund.

It stinks that there will be red in the stadium but that's a given. To be able to SELL OUT games is the ultimate goal so until we can do it with our own fans I'll take the cash. My reasoning is that we'll need the money to stay competitive with our facilities so.... we'll get the recruits... that win the games... that put the butts in seats. It's causational and if opponents fans are going to help us make it to the next level...so be it.

I'm telling you those UGAy fans piss me off to no end.

What a lot of classless douchebags.

Absolutely. I only wear rival neutral colors to sports events. It's dumb to wear Mets gear to a Braves game against the Cubs, so why do it for a football game? Especially when you consider that you've increased your chances of getting your ass kicked just by the raw numbers involved.

Wearing rival colors on the campus or in the city is one thing, but wearing your colors to a game that your team isn't playing is stupid. You're not proving anything nor is anyone impressed. You could be 6'5" and 300 lbs and you'd still be a big douche bag.

Absolutely. I only wear rival neutral colors to sports events. It's dumb to wear Mets gear to a Braves game against the Cubs, so why do it for a football game? Especially when you consider that you've increased your chances of getting your ass kicked just by the raw numbers involved.

Haha, funny you mention that...I always wear my Mets gear to Braves games. While I certainly hate UGA much more than the Braves...well, let's just say I'm not too fond of the Braves either. I don't see what's wrong with it, I'm not going to pretend I'm just a neutral spectator or forget that I'm from New York just so that I don't hurt the feelings of fans of a team that I don't like anyway. I'm proud of my team affiliations, and I'm not going to try to blend in as a UGA or Braves fan by wearing neutral colors if I'm at their games. It's like that t-shirt says: "My two favorite teams are Georgia Tech and whoever's playing Georgia."

Haha, funny you mention that...I always wear my Mets gear to Braves games. While I certainly hate UGA much more than the Braves...well, let's just say I'm not too fond of the Braves either. I don't see what's wrong with it, I'm not going to pretend I'm just a neutral spectator or forget that I'm from New York just so that I don't hurt the feelings of fans of a team that I don't like anyway. I'm proud of my team affiliations, and I'm not going to try to blend in as a UGA or Braves fan by wearing neutral colors if I'm at their games. It's like that t-shirt says: "My two favorite teams are Georgia Tech and whoever's playing Georgia."
Now that you mentioned where you're from it's not that surprising that you're seriously lacking in tact and class.

Keep on adding fuel to the fire, baby :). It's like a mini John Rocker.

Back