Another SI jab at Tech

wdestinger

Varsity Lurker
Looks like Stewie Mandel has something against us for some reason. First his rant about Gailey and now this lil nugget.

[ QUOTE ]
2. The new Auburn. A prominent Atlanta columnist predicted this week that Georgia Tech not only would win at Jordan-Hare on opening night but that the two teams would finish with the same record: 7-5. Apparently no one's bothered to tell him how good Auburn's defense is. The Tigers might not score much, but there's a distinct possibility stadium workers will need to scrape Jackets QB Reggie Ball off the turf afterward.

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gifLINK

I don't know anything about them disliking us or anything, but I did pick up their 2005 Preview the other day and was sort of shocked that they didn't put Calvin on their AA team or mention him once.

He has already shown he knows nothing about college football or GT.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know anything about them disliking us or anything, but I did pick up their 2005 Preview the other day and was sort of shocked that they didn't put Calvin on their AA team or mention him once.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly when was the last time SI got anything right? Their preseason predictions for where teams will finish at years end are usually so far off, it becomes comical.

Especially several years back when they picked Oregon & Oregon State 1-2 preseason. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pat.gif

I know Oregon State was bad that year, that was the year after they beat ND 50-0 (or close) in the Fiesta bowl, but didnt Oregon finish #2 that year with their only loss coming to Stanford. They didnt get into the Rose Bowl b/c Nebraska jumped them in the BCS. Was that the year?

Back