Another SI preseason ranking

I have a problem with their a-typical inflated ranking of Ohio State. Just because Ohio State plays Sisters of the Poor every game and will end the season with a max of 2 losses doesn't mean they are consistently top 10/5 material. They have proven time and time again that they are a crappy team regardless of their stellar records each year.

Also, I have a problem with this comment: "Chances are, the Yellow Jackets will remain a frustrating change-of-pace for which opponents will need time to prepare." What is the deal? So you're saying we are only good because we are a "frustrating change-of-pace?" I beg to differ.

I have a problem with their a-typical inflated ranking of Ohio State. Just because Ohio State plays Sisters of the Poor every game and will end the season with a max of 2 losses doesn't mean they are consistently top 10/5 material. They have proven time and time again that they are a crappy team regardless of their stellar records each year.

Also, I have a problem with this comment: "Chances are, the Yellow Jackets will remain a frustrating change-of-pace for which opponents will need time to prepare." What is the deal? So you're saying we are only good because we are a "frustrating change-of-pace?" I beg to differ.

I guess they don't take into consideration any of the talented players we have on our team. To them the only thing I guess matters is that we don't run a pro style offense.

I guess they don't take into consideration any of the talented players we have on our team. To them the only thing I guess matters is that we don't run a pro style offense.
I actually like that they don't call our offense anything at all, because they'd mess it up. It's not pro-style, but it's also not the spread option in the same sense as Florida's, although it's close. It's a wholely unique offense in the sense that only a few schools are running it, and only one school has the athletes and expert on it.

Besides, his comment is to counter argument that now the ACC schools have seen the surprise and will adapt. He's saying that they won't be able to "solve" us.

I am just happy that we are in the top 20 so that we have a shot at an MNC if we take care of business and run the table. Starting further down makes it hard to impossible, particularly from the ACC (and not being VT).

By the end of the year they will have a term to accurately describe our offense - EXPLOSIVE... Just hope they are smart enough to use the term correctly :D

Back