Another spot where lack of depth kills:

pocket_watch

Dodd-Like
If already posted, please ignore.

Developing the other quarterbacks in practice.
At any school, the 1st team qb gets 90+% of the practice snaps with the first team offense. Another qb works against the 1st team D, but he is playing scout.

Without sufficient team depth the other quarterbacks simply can't develop in practice. This problem has been stated to me over and over by people on the inside, and it makes a lot of sense.

I hope CG watches EB tape, bites the bullet and names Garner the new qb for spring drills. It's the only way anyone is going to find out what we have.

In retrospect, RB's career game against the 'Cuse set us back. Without that game, I don't believe RB would have started this year.

Yes, I think you are correct.

The other thing is that Chan is always thinking NFL and he's happy with a one point win over East La Tech State at Columbia or whatever. Good college teams put away opponents early so they subs can get some work in. We never ever do this.

Until this year I thought it was more because we didn't have any backups. But now I think it's Chan.

I'm on record as wanting another QB next year too. Every team is going to have games that they fall behind, but our offense is just too inept to ever recover. It's just too painful to watch anymore.

But I also want to go on record again, saying that I like Reggie and hope he sees the field in many different ways.

Back