Another supid Miami quote: Randy Phillips said:

This guy is an idiot. So let me structure this fine logician's argument:

-An offensive scheme is good if and only if it is run by every college team
-Georgia Tech's Flexbone is only run by 2 or 3 other teams in Division I FBS
Therefore: Georgia Tech's offense is not particularly good.

Ok that is like saying: Florida's offense isn't run by every college team, therefore Florida's offense is not very good. Haha nice try thug!

That is exactly what he said, almost word for word. You definitely did not twist anything there.

Isn't this pretty much the exact same thing that Paul Johnson says all the time? All he's saying is that it's not a magic offense that's much harder to stop than traditional offenses, and if they do their jobs and execute well they can stop us. The triple option isn't a magic bullet; it's just another offense, that, like any offense, will succeed if the offense executes better than the D and vice versa.

I wonder if it's similar to a veer offense in that
  • defenses get lulled into complacency and make big mistakes
  • It allows smaller offenses to compete against bigger defenses, especially on the lines
  • Not a lot of people run it
There was a good article in the New Yorker last year about who should be unconventional ("How David Beats Goliath"). It's probably a mistake for FSU or Alabama to adopt an offense like ours--outrecruiting and going conventional would be more for them. It's a little funny that Bobby Bowden got started running the veer at WVU, and he had a tough time dealing with CPJ's spread offense last year.

I can't even fathom a team spitting off as many dumb quotes as Miami has done the past week...from the players all the way to the coach. Completely insane.

This is completely true. Whether what they say is justified or not it all seems extremely inappropriate for the current status quo of college football.

ooo I just thought of something!!
This week Miami's entire team pulled a "Kiffen"

This is completely true. Whether what they say is justified or not it all seems extremely inappropriate for the current status quo of college football.

ooo I just thought of something!!
This week Miami's entire team pulled a "Kiffen"

I think they mave have "Shrute'd It".

all offenses are simple to stop if you play assignment football. All defenses are easy to solve if you play assignment football. It comes down to execution!

Where do you think that word comes from?

theeeeee Office ;)

Speaking of which, don't forget to DVR/TiVO the new episode tonight.

And please, give Parks & Recreation a chance, it's new tonight, too. The last half of the shows last season were pretty good.

theeeeee Office ;)

Speaking of which, don't forget to DVR/TiVO the new episode tonight.

And please, give Parks & Recreation a chance, it's new tonight, too. The last half of the shows last season were pretty good.

Yeah I know, Andy asks Michael where the word came from, and Michael says something like "Who knows how words are formed..." :p.

Already got my DVR set for tonight and I picked up season 5 on blu ray last weekend, quality stuff. Haven't seen Parks & Recreation, that has the actress who played Karen in it right?

Back