Another T-Day Breakdown

T

TheMachine

Yet just another friendly reminder that the Meetthemachine.com radio show is once again tonight at 9pm.
Tonight's show promises to be full of great information as we will be joined tonight by our favorite commentator 33jacket. Let's also not forgot our new Meetthemachine.com team member BeeBad from Bbuzzoff.com. Love him or hate him..... you know you don't want to miss this.....
We will also be joined by Adamm Oliver a.k.a. The-Machine... and of course, I will be your host....

Just go to:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/the-machine

To be able to interact in the chat room with us and ask questions be sure to register at:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/register.aspx

Registration isn't mandatory but it will allow you to interact in the chat room and ask text questions. If you choose to not register you can still listen to the show.

We'll see you... on the radio....

Irish E

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry, E.......y'all have screwed the pooch. Good luck, anyway.

Your intro music rocks. Where did you get it?

Last edited:
Your into music rocks. Where did you get it?

I actually wrote that intro music for the Machine... that is my voice digitized saying the "Meet The Machine" part.... it is available to download as a ringtone to your phone on our websites main page...

Thanks for the compliment!!!!!

Irish E

Thanks for the well wishings... and sorry you feel that way.....but he has stepped up and helped us in more ways imaginable... especially when a lot of people were snubbing us (The Hive) I implore you to at least give it a chance... if you listen once and don't like it... then you know you at least gave it a shot.....

Irish E

Ask Adamm if he returns Emails. I'm trying to get him in a location from a Tech man's bar in East Cobb.

It really doesn't matter...

Thanks for the well wishings... and sorry you feel that way.....but he has stepped up and helped us in more ways imaginable... especially when a lot of people were snubbing us (The Hive) I implore you to at least give it a chance... if you listen once and don't like it... then you know you at least gave it a shot.....

Irish E

...if peepad is reasonable on-air or helpful to you all behind the scenes as long as he continues to operate bbuzzoff, which is the last place any real Tech fan would be caught dead. I don't love him or hate him but I am afraid of him as the ONLY message board moderator I've ever seen on the Web with such potential to go postal. IMO, a bad, bad decision to hook up with this GT hater...

Ask Adamm if he returns Emails. I'm trying to get him in a location from a Tech man's bar in East Cobb.

I will be touching base with him later on today and will see what we can put together and how soon... I do know that he discussed it with me earlier and was all for it... The "lag" in getting this going is that he is back home in New Port Richey right now with family and friends before the draft............

well, I can say this. Adamm was banned from the hive promoting his site.

You may or may not like beebad, but what type of moderation does that make the Hive? To me its a bit ironic that they ban fonts for making fun or bad comments about the players, and they ban players for doing some self promotion. So let me ask you, what is the hive really here for? To sell memberships and subscriptions. PERIOD and any threat to that will get banned. What more of a threat of an ex-player with connections?

You many not care of BB, but tune in I will be on to give my perspective and answer questions, and you may not like me either, but alot of people value some of my thoughts so it may be worth it for you?

But the bottom line is the guy not being on or being on the show won't affect YOUR ability to be a fan, ask questions and listen to the opinions of the analysts, each with differing backgrounds.

omg omg my internets message board is better than your interwebz message boards OMG OMG

33, I'm pretty sure the promotion of other sites/forums has always been one of the basic ruiles on The Hive (hell, ALL the larger boards, ftm.....even before affiliation with scout)......by re-instating Machine with restrictions is actually allowing him, as a former S-A, more latitude than anyone else would get.

And Irish E has already shown himself to be quite the whiny putz, anyway ("oooh....I just couldn't help myself!....heehee"....what's up with the over-the-top fake DJ voice anyway?) so I'm not too concerned about what I could potentially be missing.

And this is from someone who helps to moderate yet another competing forum (on the other major "network" of college sports forums), but is able to do so in a way that neither helps nor hinders one in favor of the other.

edit: I need to add this, though.....I support AO in what I know he's TRYING to do, and it's great to have a former S-A WANT to get involved this way. I can't count how many times I had to explain why he was getting the bulk of the snaps over MJ (some folks still just never quite got it, imo)....he just needs to do it the right way and not lay down with dogs.

33, I'm pretty sure the promotion of other sites/forums has always been one of the basic ruiles on The Hive (hell, ALL the larger boards, ftm.....even before affiliation with scout)......by re-instating Machine with restrictions is actually allowing him, as a former S-A, more latitude than anyone else would get.

And Irish E has already shown himself to be quite the whiny putz, anyway ("oooh....I just couldn't help myself!....heehee"....what's up with the over-the-top fake DJ voice anyway?) so I'm not too concerned about what I could potentially be missing.

And this is from someone who helps to moderate yet another competing forum (on the other major "network" of college sports forums), but is able to do so in a way that neither helps nor hinders one in favor of the other.

not sure why you have to revert to insults?

So let me ask you, what is the hive really here for? To sell memberships and subscriptions. PERIOD

That's not true 33jacket. You know why RR started the Hive, and I honestly believe he would continue to pay for the Hive if he had to. I don't think he has any interest in making money and "selling" memberships. That's different from not liking how he moderates it.

You have to admit, it did get a little old seeing TheMachine post 3 times a day with "New BOTD update on meetthemachine.com!". If there are rules for a message board, they should be followed.

My opinion.

not sure why you have to revert to insults?

Sometimes it takes some gutter Italian to get through to the Romans. ;-)

you are spot-on, though.......that is below me and totally uncalled-for. Irish E....you have my apologies. Kudos on your efforts.

Last edited:
My opinion.

and we all have them ;)

Seriously what the hive was, and is today are not even close to the same nor is the intent IMO.

but again, just a matter of opinion. I appreciate your response.

Simply put...either way its no big deal...its just a message board. LOL

and we all have them ;)

Seriously what the hive was, and is today are not even close to the same nor is the intent IMO.

Well, I go to all of the Tech message boards on a regular basis and appreciate the insight and information that each provides. I appreciate Adam's approach and the effort that he has put into setting up something a bit different though I am not really interested in listening to a scheduled broadcast.

I just get my info in gulps when I get a few free minutes. Sometimes I post, mostly I just enjoy reading the interactions and tidbits that I can find. Each board has its own theme or type of poster that provides a different perspective on the state of GT football which is what I really care about anyway.;)

and we all have them ;)

So if you don't like the Hive stay off it. I really don't get all this crap that constantly goes on about this.

I appreciate the stuff you post and love the fact that AO is getting involved. It was aggravating to see his ads every time you opened the site however and figured it would stop before long. I guess they had to stop it for him but it really was over the top IMO.

well, I can say this. Adamm was banned from the hive promoting his site.

I'm not a Hive admin anymore, but I have to speak up here.

This is completely untrue.

I talked to RR on Saturday before the game. We actually spoke about Adamm's site and the fact that RR had been very patient and given Adamm more latitude than anyone else I'd EVER seen advertising on the Hive.

Adamm's initial promotion of his site on the Hive (and elsewhere) was a little over the top and heavy handed, noone can disagree there. But RR worked with him, specifically because of who he was. So you are really doing RR a disservice, although it very likely works in your favor and promotes the agenda you've nutured for the past few seasons.

Someone has now given Adamm some EXTREMELY poor advice and he's somehow hooked up with Beebad. My issues with that guy go well beyond simple disagreement on Tech topics of discussion.

Adamm's a big boy though and this is how you learn some of those tough life lessons. Some people are just out to use others...

I'm not a Hive admin anymore, but I have to speak up here.

This is completely untrue.

I talked to RR on Saturday before the game. We actually spoke about Adamm's site and the fact that RR had been very patient and given Adamm more latitude than anyone else I'd EVER seen advertising on the Hive.

Adamm's initial promotion of his site on the Hive (and elsewhere) was a little over the top and heavy handed, noone can disagree there. But RR worked with him, specifically because of who he was. So you are really doing RR a disservice, although it very likely works in your favor and promotes the agenda you've nutured for the past few seasons.

Someone has now given Adamm some EXTREMELY poor advice and he's somehow hooked up with Beebad. My issues with that guy go well beyond simple disagreement on Tech topics of discussion.

Adamm's a big boy though and this is how you learn some of those tough life lessons. Some people are just out to use others...

Adamm is a grown man, he makes his own decisions. If you are suggesting I gave him advice to partner with Beebad (which I am not saying you said) I didn't.

Secondly, if my agenda is the thought information about GT athletics should be free of charge and that is my agenda...then yes that is it. I don't have the time to dedicate to that cause like some, so I don't even have the delusion that I will make an impact, but I think the Hive has been tainted since its move to scout....my opinion. If you also suggest I had an agenda to have Gailey fired after the ND game back in 2006....I had that one too...Guilty...but feel vindicated now that all can see what a dysfunctional ship he was running.

To your point, I don't post much on there anymore....here and there...and I stay away from most discussions....for the reasons above, but on occasion, like with any message board, its free to post and they will have a good topic and I will participate...Which is completely fine....people take these message board memberships too far and too seriously.

Back