Another take on Paul Johnson and Georgia Tech

Well, I will say the ones questioning the offense are the ones who really don't know the inner workings of the sport (fans and media, hell, I'll even include myself in that group). The number of people within the sport (players in the system and coaches all the way up to Bill Belichik) who believe it will be a success are overwhelming.

In all seriousness though, other than biased homer fan blather that doesn't really count, have any of you seen actual blogs or articles saying that this offense won't work? I agree with the writer that many folks (including Johnson himself) keep saying that there are a lot of folks who think it won't work , but I haven't found too many who actually think that. I'm beginning to think it is a perceived general concensus.

Just my opinion.

i don't know about the press, but just people in general...

basically anyone i talk to doesn't think it will "work in a BCS conference." and i'm not in georgia being ridiculed by ugag fans.

i think they just saw it in an article once and say it.

can't wait to prove em wrong. and hopefully sooner than later.

also, i think with all the terrible ratings we've been given (such as being rated lower than DOOK), it shows that the "experts" don't think it will work this year.

also, i think with all the terrible ratings we've been given (such as being rated lower than DOOK), it shows that the "experts" don't think it will work this year.
Well, that's just silly.
We should win at least nine games. Hell ,Chan won seven all the time.

Basically, I get tired of people saying "Who's saying it won't work?" There are very few people saying it won't and very few of them are credible to begin with. It's the fact of people who think there's a question to it and are holding the "Let's see if it does or not" attitude.

I think the main reason is people don't know GT and Navy that well. They are just missing the fact that we didn't have a good offense to start with anyway. Also, the fact that CPJ has averaged decent yards and scores against good schools.

Nothing that we're hearing right now will stop unless we beat Virginia Tech or Clemson. If we start out 5-2, it'll be seven weeks into the season and we'll still be hearing the same thing. The ideas won't go away until we win a few games against good teams. And they'll come back the first year that we don't do too terribly well and people will claim "They've figured his offense out."

I think it's important for Tech fans to understand what's coming ahead and to try not to get caught up in it.

I honestly don't know how well this offense will work this season. We may win 5 or we may win 7, but, we are in this for the long haul. I really believe that the very future of the Tech football program will be determined in the next 6 years by Paul Johnson.

Back