another TOUGH day for the Gailey HATERS....

law_bee

Dodd-Like
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif

5-2, 3-2 and a great chance for 6-2, 4-2

In fact we are a CJ drop (or bell FG's) away from 6-1!

sterb268.gif

Lawbee for the record I am not a hater of anyone
Congratulations, I know everyone was proud of the win today including me
Maybe we should discuss how great the offense was

I think a tough day for a Gailey hater is tough for all tech fans. We all want to see victories like today's and when we don't, it is tough..especially in situations of questionable play-calling as in the game of the CJ drop that you referred to. VERY FEW people have a problem with Gailey winning. The problem comes when/if he wins JUST ENOUGH to keep his job but not enough to make fans on a national level respect us.

Not bashing but are you going to blame chan for missed blocks or penalties or the center coming out of the game to stop the clock at the end of the game. How about the motion penalty to set us back and miss the FG.

I am upset at some of the things Chan does but you can't blame him for everything. What about Reggie's int.?

law_bee, there is no need for posts like this. It happens everytime after a win, you don't need to fan the flames. Theres plenty of negatives from this that directly relate to coaching, but the thing is, those who think that Gailey is not the right man for the job can be happy that Tech wins... you see, they/we/whatever love Tech and want the best for it... you don't have a monopoly on enjoying the game.

Enjoy the win, and don't be so hell bent on causing arguements that you know arent going to get you anywhere. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soapbox.gif

What a stupid post.
I am now convinced that you have no idea what many if not most Tech fans are looking for. Its no use.

enjoy the win man.

[ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif

5-2, 3-2 and a great chance for 6-2, 4-2

In fact we are a CJ drop (or bell FG's) away from 6-1!

sterb268.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be friggin DELUSIONAL if you think that performance is indicative of some sort of "coaching genius" on behalf of CCG!

When we went up 10-6; our KO coverage team gave up a 65+ yd return to put CU in the red zone for a go-ahead TD; WE WERE SAVED BY TENUTA'S "D" once again; we WERE LUCKY TO HAVE 2 WEEKS off; had we played with 1 week off our "D" MIGHT have worn down and given up the lead in the 4th Qtr.

Nothing that happened in that game will change my mind about CCG; in fact I AM EVEN MORE CONVINCED THAT HE NEEDS TO GO after seeing how anemic his offense is after a MASTERFUL game plan by our DC CJT!

If this game doesn't tell you that CCG is not the man we need to LEAD GT FB, then you don't know anything about college FB!

Well a couple of points.

Once again I thought the offensive game plan in the second half was great. W/o Reggie's fumble we score at least 7 more, and our own mistakes took 5 points off the board. By my count that's at least 10 more (safety came after the fumble IIRC). We move the ball but continue to have issues scoring. The O isn't terrible but not quite there either.

Defense had some real issues with the run, but to their credit stiffened short of the end zone. Great pressure early and great coverage late.

Special teams really do suck. I don't know what else to say. When you're hoping the return man takes a knee so we can start on the 20 it's bad.

Important win for the team. Chalk it up and move on.

BTW, I really do think Chan's snakebit. No mattet what he puts the team in position to do, something goes wrong. No reason not to be able to run the clock out, then we stop the clock with an injury? I guess? Then on the final punt, we kick it out of bounds? All the ball had to do was land in bounds and we watch it roll around while the clock expires. It's amazing what kind of bizarre stuff keeps happening. You can call it coaching if you want, but a bunch of it's just plain luck, good or bad. FG hits the upright but goes through? Jeez.

[ QUOTE ]
Lawbee for the record I am not a hater of anyone
Congratulations, I know everyone was proud of the win today including me
Maybe we should discuss how great the offense was

[/ QUOTE ]

How good was our offense...it has been better than our opponents in 5 of our 7 games because we scored more points than they did.

Last I checked that was the key...the team who scores the most points wins.

Yesterday Clemson had 9 and we had 10...so go over to their boards and complain about not scoring enough points.

I think LB is really a debate monger. He comes and makes a post that he must know will cause dissension in the faithful, IE those who like CCG and those who don't. We saw plenty of things yesterday that would cause people to say it's time for him to go, and others to say he called a good game. LB let it go! He's not perfect nor are you and I. It should not have come down to us hanging on for dear life to win a game against a mediocre Clemson.

Our offense does not play with confidence and Clemson's first half turnovers should have buried them. But it took a last second FG just to tie it at the half. We could virtually never get CJ open OR consistently go to alternative receivers to take advantage of all the attention on CJ. It was almost pathetic.

Clemson's offense really imploded and our D was very effective. But with all those opportunities we still managed 10 points. And let's face it, Clemson ain't no juggernaut. So, let's appreciate the W but not let it go to our heads and get ambushed by Wake.

Fortunately, our D can keep us in most games against most teams. But the O is very suspect. It isn't time yet to go strutting around the barnyard like peacocks.

I couldn't have said it better myself, RP, though I've tried many times, and some like L-B refuse to hear it: I want Tech to win and celebrate when we do, I don't hate CG, but I definitely do not think he's the man to take us back into the upper echelon of college football. Just to make the point, and at the risk of fanning the flames again, a coach like Richt or Beamer would have taken advantage of Clemson's early mistakes and buried them.

FreeBee...who is strutting?...not me.

However, we are 5-2...and a lot of other teams wish they were (Tennessee, Purdue, etc.).

It just amazes me how some people are so negative it makes it impossible for them to focus on the positive. I feel sorry for them...their life must be miserable.

about Clem\'s son

overtime Miami top 6, BC top 20

wins over MD, and NCST

the only "weak" loss is to Wake

a win over Clemson is a SOLID win. As far as the offense goes Reggie turned the ball over inside the 10 (would have been 1st and goal) also missed FG (that we made b/f the penalty).

The point of this post as always is to recognize when CG rises above his peers....Fridge, Amato, Bunting, TB, and we have a chance to rise above Groh, and O'brien.

*of course we could fall back to earth as well

...the team who scores the most points wins
Hiver, I whole heartedly agree and like I said I am happy we won
I was planning to sit back and enjoy this win until LB made this ridiculous post

My question would be how long will Tenuta put up with the crap he gets from the Special Teams and the O?

Look at what our D has to go through to win games for us.

If CG remains the HC, a good portion of his salary should be transferred to Tenuta.

Re: about Clem\'s son

I really happy that we won, but poor coaching on offense and ST's gave Clemson way too many chances to win.

1. We get called for a delay of game penalty while we are at the fringe of our struggling kickers range. Why didn't the HC call a timeout?

2. Why weren't we able to run the clock out without having to punt? If the QB had just dropped back and stalled before downing it, we would not had to punt and give Clemson a chance to block it.

3. Why did we punt it out of bounds with no return man back for Clemson? If the punt had been in play, the clocks runs out game over. Instead, we give Clemson a bonus shot at the endzone to win.

It is these types of mistakes just like

- not being able keep track of what down it is

- calling a timeout after a TV timeout

- not being able to get the right players in the game after a timeout

- calling fake punts on 4th and inches instead of just sneaking it

- not getting the play in from the sideline until there is 10-12 seconds on the clock

and many others that seemingly happen every game that give our opponents bonus opportunities. They are the differnce between 8 wins and 6.

this is getting to be a bit lame, yes we won and i am grateful for that. oh and by the way, did you see the offensive explosion by our highly experienced nfl coordinator, the only way we win is to hold the other team for all practical purposes scoreless.

In a final attempt to retain my sanity, I have officially quit trying to extrapolate future performances based on the last.
We won yesterday. We are 5-2. We have 4 more rolls of the dice, and as long as we win each game 10-9, I won't ask another question. We are not championship material, but most teams aren't.
At this point, this year, a win is a win. Same goes for the other possibility.

[ QUOTE ]
My question would be how long will Tenuta put up with the crap he gets from the Special Teams and the O?

Look at what our D has to go through to win games for us.

If CG remains the HC, a good portion of his salary should be transferred to Tenuta.

[/ QUOTE ] Does 'what they have to go through' include jumping offsides a BUNCH of times yesterday? That kept some of the Clem drives alive and is that a Tenuta fault or Gailey fault? I lose track...

Back