another TOUGH day for the Gailey HATERS....

it is easy I will break it down for you...

ALL POSITIVE plays are Tenuta

ALL NEGATIVE plays are CG, so the penalties are Gailey's fault

also Bell was a great kicker last year (which had nothing to do with CG)

this year CG has failed in his duty to effectively coach kicking specifically Bell

lets recap

Good = anyone other than CG
BAD = CG

LawBee .. lets not talk about the kids on the team. No one wanted to make the field goal any more than the kicker. Some go and some do not but he is just a kid trying his best to do a good job
If you have to stoop low enough to knock a SA to defend Gailey he is not worth defending and I sure would not want you defending me even in a traffic case

the point of my post is that people have been ripping CG b/c of the FG kicking this year.

I NEVER heard one positive about CG regarding the FG kicking last year.

I DON'T DO TRAFFIC CASES. I also don't solicit clients. I ALWAYS want the defendant to have the lawyer of HIS choice.

I don't know if you go to the games, but there was a guy behind me that ripped CG for every missed FG, penalty, and poorly executed play. The same guy was strangely quiet for every completion and positive run.

This is the type of hypocrisy that is rampant on the board. There are SOME that do not like CG personally, so they refuse to recognize ANY positive regarding GT football.

If you think my post is about Bell then you should probably read it again. Also for the record Reggie wants to complete every pass and CJ and Bilbo want to catch every pass.

I find it interesting that you would defend Bell but I have yet to see you defend Reggie when he is being ripped on this board. I guess you missed those threads.

Siler and Jonap

You can not show me one thread where I have said anything about a SA be it Bell or Ball
When I go to a game I go to cheer for us and sadly CCG is one og us on gameday so I dont say one word either good or bad about him
Talk about me or any poster on here you want to but leave the SA out of it
For the record, I have met Gailey a few times and I think he is a fine man but not a good football coach

Re: Siler and Jonap

did you read my post?

Why don't you tell me what I said about a student athlete?

Maybe you think ripping your head coach on a public forum is a class move, but it is not.

The reason I post these threads is b/c it brings the posters out into the light SO EVERYONE CAN SEE how they feel.

If you dislike CG so intensely maybe you should support another program while he is coaching GT.

Can you honestly say that you want GT to win every week b/c if they do CG will be the head coach FOR YEARS TO COME!

I figure you have 2 choices you either support GT and CG or you can find another team to support.

To COME ON THIS BOARD and rip the HEAD COACH of GT AFTER A WIN SHOWS NO CLASS! IMO

No one is criticizing SAs in this post, neither herBee or law bee. Can we get over that please?

Lawbee

sorry buddy but you really have no authority to tell folks who they can or can't root for. Your opinion is like everyone else's on this board... it means jack and squat.

Personally I think Chan is a good man and would make an excellent head coach... if he would hire a REAL offensive coordinator. Face it his offense just plain sucks.

The special teams coach needs to stick with recruiting and leave the special teams to someone else.

As for the penalties and what not you discussed... is it not the coaches responsibility to fix these type of problems in practice? Maybe it's just me but back in my day when we committed a penalty there was a punishment in practice the following Monday.

Re: Lawbee

Just curious, other than not scoring enough, what about Chan's offense sucks? Not trying to start anything, just wondering what your take is. My view is we have a pretty varied offense, especially in the second halves of recent games. Our limitations IMO are the ability to score from long range, to stretch the defense, and trouble powering it in short yardage situations. Just looking for a little discussion.

FWIW I agree on STs. People bring up all kinds of stats to suggest we aren't that bad, or aren't bad overall, or whatever. All I can say is I'm relieved when we actually get a kick to the end zone just so we don't have to try to make a tackle, and when the opposition kicks it deep so we don't try to run it back.

dawg_bee....

Really don't know what makes this a 'Tough' day for someone who thinks Gailey is an awful coach. I guess you saw a well played football game, not two teams in the same boat floundering around on the field. There was more than enough taking place to question. 10-9, that was quite a performance by both teams.

I offered to meet you once before, come this weekend and let me show you the other large side of the fan base that you deny exists.

To COME ON THIS BOARD and rip the HEAD COACH of GT AFTER A WIN SHOWS NO CLASS! IMO

Please show me where I ripped anyone after this win. I think you started everything when you started this thread. I was happy and wanted to congratulate everyone on the win but the first thing I saw was something about the CCG haters
Hate is a strong word and I dont like to use it . Now lets be happy with this win this week and stop the bitching
For the record, you may see me say something about the coach but never the player

Are you...

Are you MsTechAnalysis, AKA blackPrix? You sure sound like it.

[ QUOTE ]
You can not show me one thread where I have said anything about a SA be it Bell or Ball
When I go to a game I go to cheer for us and sadly CCG is one og us on gameday so I dont say one word either good or bad about him
Talk about me or any poster on here you want to but leave the SA out of it
For the record, I have met Gailey a few times and I think he is a fine man but not a good football coach

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a positive we won /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif Here is another positive the D was awsome. Here is a negative the O sucked again this week.

I know cg is not the OC but the HC. Must be Nix's fault because he calls the plays during the game. Wait cg calls the plays but he is not responsible for the poor O?

Sure ncjacket

1999 Tech offensive rankings:
13th in rushing
16th in passing
#1 total offense
#2 scoring offense

2000 Tech rankings:
15th in total
35th in rushing
17th in passing

2001 Tech rankings:
70th in rushing
17th in passing
34th in total
28th in scoring (key stat here)

Yes I realize we had some big losses on offense with Godsey, Campbell, Burns (declared for draft), Schmidgall, and Kemble graduating. However we had three starters back on the OL, three WR's with starting experience (Watkins, Smith, Glover) but watch what happens in 2002.

2002 Tech rankings:
48th rushing
61st passing
57th total
94th in scoring /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wtf.gif
Bill O'Brien was blamed and let go after this season for the offense being so poor.

2003 Tech rankings:
49th rushing
100th passing
94th total
90th in scoring
I believe this was the season that Tech lost 10 players due to Carole Moore being an idiot. That certainly didn't help matters but Gailey did have four returning starters on the OL that season.

2004 Tech rankings:
49th rushing
86th passing
80th total
85th scoring

2005 Tech rankings:
46th rushing
87th passing
75th total
90th scoring

Yes I am aware that Friedgen's offense coupled with the talent we had at QB is evident in the years preceding Gailey's tenure. However... Gailey's offense continues to be inept in the redzone which does account for the lack of points GT scores.

Bottom line is Tech has the athletes to compete and beat any team on the schedule. Currently the offense is limited by the offensive gameplan and by execution. Gailey even said he preferred to run the ball when he first came to Tech and that he was "warming up to a passing game" whcih was coachspeak imo ;)

Like I said... I do think Gailey would make a great Head Coach if he would hire a real OC and give his input in the playcalling but let the OC call the plays.

Ultimately it boils down to that instead of having an OC to fire as the offense continues to misfire Gailey has no one to blame but himself.

Perhaps all Gailey needs is a tall, athletic QB and his offense will work better. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Re: Sure ncjacket

Let me add since you did mention the scoring... Gailey has made some crucial coaching errors this season. The end of the NCSU game was one of them... sorry but when you have a future NFL RB you run, spike, pass, kick fg in that situation. Not force your 5'10" QB to throw over a stacked line to a double covered WR (and yes CJ is awesome but no receiver will make every catch especially in double coverage).

In the VT game, before things got out of hand, Gailey had two series that left me bewildered. He had one series where had Ball throw three straight passes with a result of a punt. He also had the offense rush three straight times in another series to set up another punt. That kind of left me scratching my head.

When we have a lead... rather than crush any chance of a comeback, Gailey chooses to sit on the lead. That cost us a game last year with VT and almost cost Tech the UNC game this season. It's not Chan's job to stop the Tech offense or he'd be out there playing defense so keep trying to score to make sure there is no chance for the other team to get back in it.

Our offense is currently handcuffed by the following things: an inexperienced OL, a short - inaccurate QB, and a HC that needs a real OC (no offense to Nix) to gameplan as well as call the plays.

But just like everyone else on here... what the heck do I know? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Like I said... I do think Gailey would make a great Head Coach if he would hire a real OC and give his input in the playcalling but let the OC call the plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

This exactly what a lot of people on both sides of the pro/con Gailey debate are seeing, we don't need to reinvent the wheel, just need to tweek it a little bit. I think an Al Borges type hire would do the trick as it did for Tubberville when he was almost fired. Isn't Nix's contract up at the end of this year?

Re: yep, it\'s up this year...

Hopefully something positive will be done.

I know the stats, but you never really said what you don't like about his offense other than productivity. So should I asssume then that if we suddenly start moving it better and score more you will be fine? What I was trying to figure is what you don't like about the gameplan. We're almost exactly 50/50 pass/run for example.

N.C. It has been a long time since I played football and I never was good enough to play NCAA but even a hi school head coach cannot be a good head coach and of
Today Ugag is crying the same thing
CCG needs to find someone to run the offense. How can he devote his time to the offense in practice and do his job as HC ?

[ QUOTE ]
How can he devote his time to the offense in practice and do his job as HC ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pat Nix is the OC. He's running the O under the direction of Gailey, sure, and Gailey calls the plays (although Nix used to call the plays for the 2 min offense, but I don't know that he still does) but much of the actual OC work is done by Nix.

I did like the gameplan for Auburn and even UNC was a good gameplan. However the inexplicible drop offs every year just leave me wondering.

Would I be fine if the offense came to life and started putting more points on the board? Sure I would. I don't think that is going to happen in what is CCG's fourth season on The Flats. Do you?

Back